lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 EZGO TXT PDS beeps in FWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
B+ is connected to the controller via the precharge resistor when the solenoid contacts are open, so the controller did get "Spiked".
Good point. I forgot about the resistor.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
jonesduh11
Not Yet Wild

Talk about a bad day....I dropped the solenoid while testing and now it has a rattle and ~80k between contacts. I also found that the tow/Haul switch only makes contact in one position. One set of contacts never closes. Looks like tow haul switch, solenoid, and controller are on the list. OUCH!
jonesduh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #13
jonesduh11
Not Yet Wild

We'll good news is I figured it out. After replacing the solenoid, I found that I had the green wire for FWD and the green/black wire for buzzer swapped. That was causing all of the problems. Thanks for all the help.
jonesduh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:40 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Shame on us for not asking if you changed anything, and shame on you for not telling us.

I just assumed everything worked, and the "lapse in sanity" caused it to start malfunctioning.

Glad you figured it out. I often find that when something's not right and I can't figure it out, taking a break will help me when I start back fresh to find something that's staring me in the face.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO