lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2015, 11:41 PM   #21
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Auxilary battery or voltage converter?

Wow. I've run mine way more than that already. I've run mine over two hours on four year old batteries.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #22
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just as an update. I ended up buying a small 12 volt tractor battery on sale at Walmart for $20. I hunted for over 2 hours in the night with the lights on Tuesday and ran 50lbs of corn out of the road feeder with negligible draw on the battery. It's light weight, small and seemingly adequate as well as affordable. We will see how long it lasts.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #23
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Great Walmart to the rescue ... What is the world coming to
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #24
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I've been running an aux battery for a couple of years now. Walmart marine 12v in a standard plastic battery box sitting in my bagwell. I run my lights, stereo, and a powered sub off of it and they always last longer on a charge than the cart does. Before I closed it up in the box, I connected one of the quick connects from my battery tender kit to it. Everytime I plug the cart in, I connect my battery tender to the aux battery as well. The little trickle charger doesn't charge the aux battery fully as quickly as the cart recharges, but it has always put back enough juice to last the next day. In the summer, I do this every day for up to a week straight. Then when I leave the cart for a week or two, I leave the chargers plugged in and she's good to go when I get back.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:57 PM   #25
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
Just as an update. I ended up buying a small 12 volt tractor battery on sale at Walmart for $20. I hunted for over 2 hours in the night with the lights on Tuesday and ran 50lbs of corn out of the road feeder with negligible draw on the battery. It's light weight, small and seemingly adequate as well as affordable. We will see how long it lasts.
This is just what I'd like. Can you tell me exactly what you bought?
yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #26
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-...ttery/16782695
This one. I've made two trips and used it three nights so far. Run about 75 pounds of corn through the feeder on the front and run the lights about seven hours. I was able to recharge it with just a battery maintainer charger. I am going to find a more creative place to mount it in the cart. Right now I have it in the basket on the back held in place with a bungee cord. But it's small size and minimal weight should make that simple.

However, if you didn't read the thread all the way through, I'm only running LED lights and a road feeder off of it. No radio, subwoofer or other draws except for maybe a phone charger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car