lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
Haydude
Not Yet Wild

Default Runs on choke only

I have a Club Car DS (I think it's a '98 )
. It was running great until I was using it to pull around a couple of cattle panels then I parked it over night, went to get on it the next morning and now it will not run unless I work the choke. It will start on full choke but once it's running I have to work the choke (most of the time it's around 1/2) to keep it running. Here's what I've done. New fuel lines & fuel pump vacuum line, new fuel pump & filters, new carb, pulled the draw straw & cleaned, new air filter, checked the air box & passage way, checked the air tube, valve job (compression is 150+psi), new spark plug. When I'm choking it the air tube going from the air box to the carb does suck shut about 1/2 way. Idk what else to do...I kinda wondered if the new carb isn't adjusted right or is defective. I'm unsure on how to adjust it properly. Thanks for looking and any help you can provide!
Haydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
toxicwaste29
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Runs on choke only

Did you use new carb gaskets?
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
Haydude
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Runs on choke only

I finally got the time to replace the carb gaskets, that didn't change anything. Like I stated before I wondered about the new carb adjustment. I looked at the old carb compared to the new one. I noticed one adjustment screw (on the side up close to the engine) was way in on the old one and way out on the new one. I turned that in, put a brick on the pedal so I could work the choke and adjust the screw. Sure enough I screwed that in all the way and she runs now. She never smoked before but now she is. Idk if it'll clear up or not. Wondering if I may have to tear her down and put some rings in???
Haydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car