lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #1
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 95 DS Build

Well...after contemplating the build for a long time she finally got under way. I really had a bone stock plane jane cart but I forgot to take a picture so this one robbed off the innerweb will have to work.

Got body off and painted. It's alright but it didn't turn out quite right and was not the real color I was going for so scratch that...Spartan Body is on the way.

Dug into the front-end...I was making good time and everything was going as planned until it came time to mount the spindles to the A-arms. Dangit...missing a hardware box in the kit. Hopefully Judy from All Sports has them to me in the morning. Got as far as I could and set her down on the old tires.

I was about to call it quits for the day and my afternoon meeting was cancelled...so back at it. Finished up the rear and got it sitting on 22's.

So far, I'm impressed with the ease of installation of the super sport lift. Although the directions seem to have been written by a four year old and there are steps left out and the directions for the rear aren't any better. Can't wait to get everything here to finish it out. I haven't done anything with the clutches yet...I'm going to drive and see what I think before I put it all back together. If it needs more of anything, I'll make the decision then.
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 95 DS Build

The rims are killer!
and yeah.. the AS printed instructions are difficult to peice together!

Lookin good!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Update....

Judy had me hooked up this morning by 10am. Had all the parts I needed in hand plus a new t-shirt for my troubles :) Front end completed in less than an hour with the alignment and everything. Not bad for my first time I don't think.

Picked up 4 mph. So now with the FE290, nothing done to except zip tying the throttle I'm up to 20 mph.

I wouldn't mind a little more torque and speed but I'm afraid I'll cancel out everything I do with each mod.

What are your thoughts...

Machine both clutches
New HD clutch springs
Advance timing key

Old 05-18-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well...I call CPP and asked for Tom...didn't not realized he passed away last fall. His brother Bruce was a big help though. I think all I'm going to do is machine the driven clutch (he said they are not machining drive clutches anymore) and add a power spring.

I know I'm going to get some low end help here but is this going to take away any speed?

Oh yeah...ExtremeKartz is talking about 7 business days to even get my stock Spartan body and lights kits on a truck. What's up with that? He said that he didn't foresee it shipping until late next week and I ordered it a few days ago. I think I'd be hiring some people if business was so good that it took that long to ship in stock items.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 PM   #5
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Oh my...look what showed up today. Either the guy at ExtremeKartz didn't know what he was talking about or he worked a miracle. Got the call from SEF around 4 scheduling delivery for Monday. I said no way...I'm coming to pick it up now. Looks like my plans for Saturday just changed. New body and LED light kit.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think it's turning out great! I wish my clutch was here so I could put it all back together. I know I can put it on by removing the passenger tire and wheel-well but that's a pain in the butt. I'll just hold right here till next Thursday and then it's game on.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
carguybill
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the good photos and commentary. Fun to watch your progress. And your cart is looking great.
carguybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #8
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mother Father! I knew this was going to easy. Well, I got my clutch today...I was excited. Took me all of 3 minutes to slap that puppy on. I was ready for a test run. Put the key in the ignition, threw her in revers, press the go pedal...click. Son of a be-I-itch...what's wrong? Is the battery hooked up? Did I forget a ground wire? Nope...all that was good. So I turned to the o'l innerweb and started a new page on BGW to try to figure out what in the world I did. I mean it ran fine without the body and headlights, but not now. Went through all the wiring 5 times...from the key switch back. Checked all the wiring on the forward, neutral, reverse shifter...all looked good. I was getting ticked. I did not want to take the body back off the cart and start from scratch...I mean, maybe the body was hiding something I couldn't see, right? About that time my friend drove by on his golf cart and I flagged him down to see if he saw something I was over looking. He looked at it for 30 seconds, touched a point on the shifter and said try it now. VroomVroom! Well ****...all that looking at the wires, I didn't even bother to look at the points. Apparently when I was installing the shifter onto the new body I hit one of the points and knocked it out of alignment. Another 30 second fix. Whewwww...dodged a bullet.

So, let's test her out and see what she will do. Ummm...a little disappointed. I mean, she engages a little quicker but I can't feel the torque I was suppose to get and it robbed me of 2 mph. Maybe it just needs to go through a little breaking in? One disappointment after another. On the test I was wobbling a little, I guess I'm going to have to get these tires balanced...but I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is that clays basket bouncing all over the place. A quick peak and I've got two busted welds. How in the heck did I not notice those? ****...body back off. Hopefully I can find someone to weld those back up tomorrow.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:09 PM   #9
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Finally...she's all done. I took care of a handful of things I had to do for work this morning and by noon...I was in the garage turning wrenches. Well...not really. First stop was the fabrication place down the street. I had to pay them a quick visit to fix my welds. They did a jam-up job. Took about 15 minutes and didn't set me back all that much...less than I expected anyway. So...12:30...in the garage turning wrenches. 1pm test drive. I'm satisfied. I picked my 2 mph back up somewhere along the way as well...go figure. I'm going to order a new roof at some point in time. The paint job is terrible. It didn't turn out. It flakes off way to easy and I follow all prep instructions to a "t". So, rooftop next, and soon or or later I'll order a dash kit and a new steering wheel. I'm happy with it for now though. And I didn't realize that I hadn't put the grill back in until after I posted this pictures...but it's done now.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
bleazenb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Great build, I have a stock 96 CC and want to start a build on it. can you tell me the specifics on you build? What kind of lift? how much of a lift? any tweaks to the motor other that clutch and timing key? Thanks
bleazenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car