lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2017, 08:46 PM   #1
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Default Added a 4" lift, and now I need to raise the snubber, but it's welded. Any tips?

The snubber plate rests on the bottom of the frame stater a 4" lift. The cart was old and the original snubber is now gone. So now it's just the metal resting on the frame.

I ordered a new snubber and I want to raise it, but it's welded. Could I just put the snubber on with it resting at the bottom? Or do I have to raise it?

Has anyone had this problem, and what did you do? Thanks for any help.
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Added a 4" lift, and now I need to raise the snubber, but it's welded. Any tips?

just unbolt the front and rear leaf spring bolts, roll the whole engine pan back an inch or two and slip the new one on
Old 09-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #3
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Added a 4" lift, and now I need to raise the snubber, but it's welded. Any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
just unbolt the front and rear leaf spring bolts, roll the whole engine pan back an inch or two and slip the new one on

Do you think I'll be ok without lifting the bracket? Here's a picture of it. Also isn't it normal to read half full on oil after a 4" lift?

Old 09-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Snubbers actually slide off, and on without removing anything!
Use a floor jack (or equiv.) and jack up the engine pan so that the snubber has no pressure on it,
And "finagle" (work) it off of the side of the mount, or even over the top of the mount,
I can't remember how we did it on my buddies 94...
but, I do know that the old one came off somewhat easy,
the hard part was getting the new one on... that takes a little more time and patience to "finagle" it on,
But, it can be done!

i slid mine on from the side

OIL SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE TO HALF
Old 09-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's an option:

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #6
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

With a six inch lift, my oil reads halfway between full and low, When it has right amount in it.
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittrick.joe View Post
With a six inch lift, my oil reads halfway between full and low, When it has right amount in it.
That's where mine is at with a 4" lift.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car