lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
JeepFreak843
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZgo rxv brake will not engage

Sometimes the cart will not go.... I have pulled the pedal towards me and still have the same problem... I put a new brake on and the cart and batteries are new.... when the cart is off the brake is not holding the cart in place and you can push it with ease....
JeepFreak843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZgo rxv brake will not engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepFreak843 View Post
Sometimes the cart will not go.... I have pulled the pedal towards me and still have the same problem... I put a new brake on and the cart and batteries are new.... when the cart is off the brake is not holding the cart in place and you can push it with ease....
Lift the seat, open the controller cover, and check the position of the brake bypass plugs/sockets. #1, #2, #3, and #4. They are on the underside of the plastic cover that has the run/tow switch on it. The instructions are printed on a label under that cover.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
JeepFreak843
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don’t have any instructions under the r/t cover....
JeepFreak843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:58 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepFreak843 View Post
I don’t have any instructions under the r/t cover....
You must have an early model ( like a 2008 ) RXV with the lever on the motor brake. That model does not have the #1/#2/#3/#4 plugs/sockets to bypass the motor brake for towing. Did you replace the motor brake with the same kind, or the newer version?

If you replaced it with an aftermarket motor brake from eBay, that could be the cause of your problem. The aftermarket ones, usually called HD or Heavy Duty Motor Brake, will cause problems on early model RXVs, and if left in operation long enough, it will damage your controllers brake control output FET. They draw too much power and the cart starts acting up as the FET begins to fail. Then the FET shorts out and keeps the motor brake powered, which keeps it unlocked.

If you have electronics experience and surface mount soldering equipment, you can change out the FET. Otherwise, you could have it repaired. Where are you located in SC?
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #5
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

most probably faulty brake or install did not catch motor lug.

will cart push with key off?? if so --- motor brake or faulty install of motor brake is issue.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 01:28 PM   #6
toffanetto
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
You must have an early model ( like a 2008 ) RXV with the lever on the motor brake. That model does not have the #1/#2/#3/#4 plugs/sockets to bypass the motor brake for towing. Did you replace the motor brake with the same kind, or the newer version?

If you replaced it with an aftermarket motor brake from eBay, that could be the cause of your problem. The aftermarket ones, usually called HD or Heavy Duty Motor Brake, will cause problems on early model RXVs, and if left in operation long enough, it will damage your controllers brake control output FET. They draw too much power and the cart starts acting up as the FET begins to fail. Then the FET shorts out and keeps the motor brake powered, which keeps it unlocked.

If you have electronics experience and surface mount soldering equipment, you can change out the FET. Otherwise, you could have it repaired. Where are you located in SC?
Hello Bob,

I'm a brazilian engineering student, on UNIFEI. I'm a part of a research group called Laboratory of Robotics, Complex an Intelligent Systems and we are making a autonomus and smart golf cart. In this link you can view a preview of our work :

In our case, independent of the key switch position, in the on mode (F, R or N), the parking break reliase on power on, and the cart doesn't start up. We measured all signals and aparently everething is ok, the controller is our only idea of the problem root. We haven't a Hand-Held, is so expensive in my country, like the controller. In this case, I'm instrested to explore the controller issue in parking break FET, to replace it if necessary. I will be so thankful if you can help us, because open the controller to analyse without some information is to danger for us.

My question is: What is the parking break FET on the controller board? And, What is this FET part number?

Any help and information that you can give for us will help a lot, we have so difficult to customer assistence and no shops to provide services.

Since now, thank you! And a good week for all of us.
toffanetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO