lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2020, 10:15 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Am I overpaying for this build?

So, either you pay $6000 and ride today, or you get a roller (chassis) and spend a few months gathering parts, learning, doing all the work etc. and ride after all that and save some money.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2020, 06:57 AM   #12
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Good deals do pop up, but you have to practically have the cash in your pocket and the trailer on the back of the truck so you're ready to pick it up right away. I actually did that for two weeks and got lucky with both my Precedent and my DS. If you're not stuck on a Precedent, you may find a good deal on a DS. If you're not skeered to do a full build yourself, or an aggressive rebuild, find an old beater cart to use a rolling donor, or find a flood cart from Copart. If you do the DS roller route, you can get a lift kit, wheels/tires, aftermarket body, seat reupholstery kit, motor/controller/cables/pedal kit and end up with a really nice, like new ride. One note is that the US made lift kits are 6 weeks out, so your prebuild is at least using one of those.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:54 AM   #13
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Given the market, I think that's a good price and you'll have it in 4 days. I paid just a hair more for my 2016 but that was new body as well.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:10 AM   #14
bbbdale
Gone Wild

I just bought a 2017 Precedent with new Trojan batteries from our club for $2500. Started working on it this week. This is my 1st conversion so hours are higher than most.

Rear seat- $360. 3 hr labor
6” lift- $280. 4 hr labor
12” wheels and 23” tires- $500 .5 hr labor
Light kit- $150 2 hr labor expected
12v converter- $30. 1 hr labor expected

Total expected cost. $3820
Total hours expected. 10.5

Going From this

To this

Where I’m at now
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:27 AM   #15
Spoolx
Gone Wild

I would say you are overpaying, but if you can’t find a base cart than you don’t have a lot of options. FWIW before COVID local guys were selling 2017 48v ezgo with all those mods but better rims and tires for 4500.

Seems to me it’s a supply and demand thing at this point.
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:47 PM   #16
ManofSteel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

if you're willing to travel, look at surrounding cities near you. there may be high demand where you are but not in the next town over...

just a thought.
ManofSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:20 PM   #17
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure where you are located and if you have a neighborhood type social media site...I posted an add looking for an inexpensive golf cart, didn't need to be running condition. Within a week I had a $600 golf cart with a dead motor. Frame and all steel is perfect...no rust, rear seat kit, seat vinyl had stains but no tears, body had no cracks...just a few scuffs, a good normal length top, and the tires held air. It was a 99 EZGO former fleet cart. Great base to start from. When these things die...some people park em and let them sit, don't even think about selling them. Some people have running carts they simply don't use. Post some ads and see whats out there.

The problem with building one is time though...Ordered lift and brakes back in July, still not here. Don't want to order tires and wheels till I have the lift on, and I am sure they will take some time to get. I got the motor and mount and installed them, but without the lift, the motor hangs a bit low, and high...regular seat doesn't fit. Building one isn't quick right now do to back ordered Chinese stuff, that is if you don't have kits on the shelf to install. When it is all said and done, I will have about $5k into mine, but that will be big block twin, Vegas Carts mount, Jake's LT lift, high speed gears, lights, paint, wheels/tires, seats, various other mods, and haven't decided on roll cage or not. Worried about the high center of gravity.

The folks around hear buying functional electric 48v carts less than 5 years old are all paying $5k or more with varying levels of upgrade, but nothing high end. Spindle lifts, 23" tires/12" alum wheels, long top and that's about it. Some paying that without any mods.

Sounds like you are getting a 3 year old cart for a little over $3K and normal retail price on upgrades. Golf carts are in high demand at the moment, so price is up there.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #18
Icky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
I'm in Central Texas. They want $4200 for just the base cart with Continental batteries in it.
Have you tried Extreme Carts or Ennis Carts in Georgetown or Fairway Sports Vehicles in Salado?
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:06 PM   #19
LT4Ryan
Getting Wild

EDIT - My apologies, I see he is in Central Texas!
LT4Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:02 AM   #20
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Have you tried Extreme Carts or Ennis Carts in Georgetown or Fairway Sports Vehicles in Salado?
Neither, but I'm happy to try them. Anyone in particular I should talk to?
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car