lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2021, 03:16 PM   #101
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Workhorse and MPT...I have my work cut out for me

Hey guys,
One of the carts I worked on before, the MPT with a Pre-MCI 350 has an issue. The throttle doesn't like to modulate smoothly. Seems like it is all or nothing, whiplash kinda thing. Everything is set up right, and governor spring where it should be so top speed is 15 MPH. Just can't get the throttle to modulate smoothly through the middle of the pedal travel. Any thoughts on what would cause that?

Thanks
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2021, 03:21 PM   #102
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Could be something binding or a broken spring. Turn the key off, take the seat off and cycle the pedal to see what it is doing.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:53 PM   #103
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Could be something binding or a broken spring. Turn the key off, take the seat off and cycle the pedal to see what it is doing.
Everything cycles the way it should, no binding...smooth throttle throw from bottom stop to the top, so full range of throttle is there. Governor linkage is correct. Spring return on the carb pulls the throttle linkage back...as does the governor spring. If I were to guess, I would say it is in fuel delivery within the carb....I am not a carb expert, but is there any way to tell what size jets are in it, and compare to what is supposed to be in it? Also, is the jet and tube on top of the carb for midrange? Maybe that could be the culprit? Thoughts?
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO