lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Other Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2021, 08:42 PM   #11
sloppydogdrool
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Trying to understand AH

I have a question about the C rating. I understand it but need some advice. I am buying a Star Sirius and getting a lithium battery. They offer 80, 110, 210 AH. I carry 4 people and go up long steep hills. I'm assuming that's where the total amps and AMP Hours comes into play. So how much do I need? Do I need the 210 or could I get away with a 110 or 80? Star ships the lifted cart with 110. I'm thinking even they know it takes more amps for the bigger tires. It's a big investment so I don't want to chose something I'll be unhappy with or won't meet my needs.
sloppydogdrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2021, 07:40 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

IMHO.....buy as many AMP\hr as your wallet can afford. You won't be disappointed.

I started out with a 7 module 60AH Leaf pack and two years later added another 7 modules. I'm much happier with the 14 module 120AH pack.

Like the old saying goes......Bigger is always better....except when it comes to bikini's. :)
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:33 AM   #13
sloppydogdrool
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Haha. That’s a good one. What did you like better about the 120? I would like to go to the 210 but that is crazy expensive. If that’s where I have to go then I’ll spend the money but didn’t really want to go there unless I had to. So what improved when you increased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
IMHO.....buy as many AMP\hr as your wallet can afford. You won't be disappointed.

I started out with a 7 module 60AH Leaf pack and two years later added another 7 modules. I'm much happier with the 14 module 120AH pack.

Like the old saying goes......Bigger is always better....except when it comes to bikini's. :)
sloppydogdrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:54 AM   #14
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Your AH will determine your run time between charges. If you just tun to the store and back and can leave on charge the lower AH is fine and affordable. If you plan on driving around Ocala shopping, friends, maybe dinner then longer AH is better. More weight draws more current of course so yes, buy what you can afford with recharge options in mind.

Like my RV, if there’s a fuel station every 10 miles I would only need a 2 gallon tank (yes it sucks the gas). But if I want to make time and get from WI to FL I wish I could have a larger tank (or in your case more AH).
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:23 PM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydogdrool View Post
Haha. That’s a good one. What did you like better about the 120? I would like to go to the 210 but that is crazy expensive. If that’s where I have to go then I’ll spend the money but didn’t really want to go there unless I had to. So what improved when you increased?
The 120 amp\hr allows me to move around to a lot of different places on a 100 acre parcel that I hunt. This parcel has some steep hills....like 35-degrees or more. Plus it's usually colder or flat out cold when I'm hunting and cold zaps power from a lithium or a FLA pack.

The 120 I can go wherever I want and change spots all I want with no concern of getting back to my truck.

A 210 pack is likely very expensive....but if you can get the one in the middle (110 amp\hr?) then get that one. You won't be disappointed.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Other Lithium