lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2022, 12:17 PM   #1
RockportRedfish
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2015 Precedent - Loss of Power while driving

My electric 48v 2015 Club Car Precedent JE1505 was rebuilt by a dealer and delivered in November 2019. All new everything except the motor and frame. I have not had any issues with it. I did neglect to check the water level (new owner, my bad) until about three weeks ago. I had to add about 300ml of distilled water to each cell. I did not have any issues for a few days. The cart was used by a family member and then sat in the garage with the key in the on position without the ERIC charger connected for about 4 days. I went to use it and the battery was almost dead. Backup buzzer was very weak and the low battery alarm flashed and sounded. I charged it fully and thought it was ok. It ran fine for a week.

Yesterday I disconnected after a full charge and drove it for about two minutes. With the pedal fully pressed, the cart just lost all acceleration as if I had taken my foot off the gas. I pressed the pedal again, it went another 10 feet and died again. I pushed it home and put it in the garage on the charger.

Google search led me to possible battery issues, a solenoid problem, or a MCOR failure. I checked the battery on a multimeter and was reading 50.9v, which I believe is close to 100% given six 8V batteries in series. I drove it around the neighborhood for 30 minutes without any issue. Can someone let me know what I should check for if it happens again? I have seen some things in this forum about:
  1. making sure the volt meter is still showing current
  2. putting it into reverse to see if it beeps. If yes it could be the MCOR, and if not if could be an OBC lockout.

Any guidance for me?
RockportRedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2022, 04:34 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Precedent - Loss of Power while driving

Do you live in a cold climate? If you do it might be the weather affecting your batteries. That combined with the battery's other problems.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 05:31 PM   #3
RockportRedfish
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for the reply. I should have said I was in South Texas. We have had a few cold days, but not enough to impact battery performance. Plus it has been in a closed garage every night.
RockportRedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 05:23 PM   #4
BeckK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Put a voltmeter on each battery and check that you are over 8 and even up to 8.4 volts after the cart is off the charger for several hours.

Since the cart was delivered in 2019 and you mention you forgot about adding water until recently I would start there.
BeckK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:01 AM   #5
1970buick
Gone Wild

Check for a loose or corroded battery cable. I had the exact issue and it ended up being the lug on one of the cables. Couldn’t tell until I really tugged on the cables. Good luck
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, mcor, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car