lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2022, 08:06 AM   #1
Bigj0310
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO series Fully Charged Low Power

Good Morning. I'm completely New to a forum page so going to give this a shot.

I have a 2013 Cushman Shuttle 6 that someone before me converted the drive system over to a ezgo series 36v. We bought it last fall and actually got to use it this past weekend ( for a very short time) the batteries were fully charged and would only get about 10 minutes of run time out of it before it would act like it was dying. Let it set for a few at the camper and it would run again for a short period of time. The last run we gave it, the cart seemed like it was dead, barley going on the trailer to bring it home. Put the volt meter on it when I got home and it read 36.7....

all the batteries are within a year old, they did have to do some customizing to get the forward/ reverse lever to the front set but it all works,

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or know where I should Start. I did print a few things off of here to try but its stumping me and my kids are upset!
Bigj0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2022, 06:44 AM   #2
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO series Fully Charged Low Power

36.7v is only 60% charged and is nowhere near a full charge on a 36v battery pack (see attached chart as a reference).
Put the charger on and let it charge a full cycle. (until the charger turns off on it's own) It may take a few charging cycles to bring the pack back to a full charge.
A good rule of thumb is to keep the charger on the battery pack when the cart is not in use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (42.1 KB, 0 views)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:32 PM   #3
Bigj0310
Not Yet Wild

I will check it out after a cycle on the charger, this was right after we took it off the charger and got a 10-15 minute ride out of it. The headlights also dim until they are almost off. Thanks for your help. Im completely new to the golf cart world
Old 06-02-2022, 01:37 PM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Check each battery individually, you may have one bad battery pulling the pack down.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:36 PM   #5
Sideways
Gone Wild

Check the water level in each of the cells as well, make sure to top off using only distilled water.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:48 PM   #6
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigj0310 View Post
I will check it out after a cycle on the charger, this was right after we took it off the charger and got a 10-15 minute ride out of it. The headlights also dim until they are almost off. Thanks for your help. Im completely new to the golf cart world
You might have a bad connection on one or more batteries. Check for loose and corroded connections.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:42 AM   #7
Bigj0310
Not Yet Wild

So I Replaced all the battery cables and helped ALOT. the cart is still slow, especially uphill. But it will run long enough for us and still show 95%+ after a 45 min run The only cables that are not new are the ones from the controller to motor as I have to get those ones custom made. That is the next project. and im hoping that will help speed it up a little

Thanks for all the HELP
Old 07-06-2022, 02:00 PM   #8
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

What are you calling slow? How many mph?
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:10 PM   #9
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigj0310 View Post
So I Replaced all the battery cables and helped ALOT. the cart is still slow, especially uphill. But it will run long enough for us and still show 95%+ after a 45 min run The only cables that are not new are the ones from the controller to motor as I have to get those ones custom made. That is the next project. and im hoping that will help speed it up a little

Thanks for all the HELP
Here's where I got my cables. They will cut to length and put any ends you need on them. Fast turnaround.
https://www.batterycablesusa.com/2-g...battery-cables
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:17 PM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Sure sounds like batteries. As Sideways said, use chart to check total battery pack after 8-10 hours after a full overnight charge to see what they register. Then check each battery to compare each volts (should be about 6.36 each). You may try to do a series of back to back charges to see if you can revive them. Wait about 10 hours between so batteries can equalize. If you don't have one of these on your dash, get one, those bar meters are useless:

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO