lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2022, 02:04 PM   #11
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 93 gas club car jerky when decelerating

Got to the lake today and checked out my cart. All cables move easy but still jerky. Does it any time I slow down even feels like like it starts to do it when going uphill but barely noticeable then.
revoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2022, 02:22 PM   #12
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just now took the acces cover off on the back so I could see the governor arm and had my son drive and watched it and it doesn’t look like it is moving enough to be causing the jerking. Any ideas what else it might be?
Old 07-02-2022, 03:18 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks closely at your clutches. Take the drive belt off. Make sure the primary clutch slides in and out smoothly. I’d take the secondary clutch off and give it a good look. Make sure the ramps aren’t worn, spring isn’t broken, sheaves are good and flat, etc. the secondary clutch removes easily. Just take off the bolt and it might take a couple love taps (use a 2x4 so you’re not tappy tap tapping the clutch itself) and it should slide off relatively easily. It’s in a key way, not pressed on like the primary.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:18 PM   #14
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok so last night we had a little storm at the lake and had to rush home and I ran the cart kind of hard to stay dry and it s ran fine on the way back and this morning it seems to run much better but I would still like to know what caused it. If you have any ideas? It is still doing it a little but much better.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:39 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Maybe she’s bi+chy and like a diesel truck. They want and need to be run hard and if you baby them things break

My guess is something in one of the clutches was sticking and running it hard freed it up, at least temporarily. Odds are better than not it will go back to the same old ways
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car