lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2022, 12:53 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: One cylinder spark

Also if adjusting the valves made it junk from 110 to 160psi (160 is good) then note the amount of threads showing on top of the adjuster lock nuts. Compare the two inside valves to the 2 on the outside. If the inside adjusters have more threads showing than the outside ones your intake valves are sinking and that 160psi isn’t going to last long until you replace the intake valves.

If you’re not sure you can post a picture of the adjusters
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #12
Smoen55
Not Yet Wild

I guess that is what I suspected but needed to hear if it was possible. Unfortunately it appears to be the type of wires that cannot be replaced as it goes into the coil and shrink wrapped. Are there any solid coils out there? This was purchased through Buggies Unlimited and the first one I bought through Amazon and it didn't Ohm through the wires at all but did on the tabs. Thanks for the responses it's good to have people out there who have been down the road before.
The valves will most likely be needing replacement. There are more threads on the intakes. If that means pulling the motor I would probably overhaul it.
Smoen55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:02 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You can do the valves with the motor in the cart.

But for the 20 minutes it takes to remove the motor, I’m not doing anything with it in the cart. That 20 minutes is well worth not leaning over a seat hole for hours

And I agree, my personal opinion is if I’m taking an engine apart because the valves are sunk, I’m gonna say it’s time for an overall refresh because the rest of it is just as old. I don’t enjoy taking an engine out, pulling the head and doing work on it to have something else go wrong 6 months down the road I could have spent an extra 30 minutes and done it the first time I was in there :)

As for the coil, oem is long gone and discontinued. There isn’t much to pick from out there. We’ve heard reports the red hawk brand ones are decent but I’ve not tried one personally to confirm.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:55 PM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Why don't you take a few pictures under the valve cover and let us look how bad those intakes are ?

I got to admit I have replaced several intake valves without rebuilding the engine and they all worked out fine. Well, almost all of them.

One started leaking oil because of so much blow by after I got the compression back but only one. Probably did five more that was fine.

The one that I had to pull back out I never heard run. The others I did didn't smoke so I gambled and it worked out. These intakes are soft and wear early. Actually ezgo fixed that in the MCI engine.

There are places you can buy a coil that will work. You just got to know where. Check with most any ezgo dealer and see what they got. Not OEM but so far they ones I have recommended have been good. Ignitors to.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:19 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

As CP and Trig both suggest, post a picture of all four valve adjusters to confirm condition of the valves. The spark issue on just one side of the coil definitely indicates a faulty coil if you are testing it correctly. I have never in all my years working on these engines seen this happen. But then I have never seen or used an aftermarket coil!

I would fix the no spark issue before tearing into the engine though.

I am assuming from your description, you just checked valve lash and did another dry compression test, or did you actually put oil in the bores and forgot to mention it?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO