lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2022, 02:45 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 CC DS IQ - Bit off more than I can chew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe1183 View Post
I just filled it up. Little to no oil came out!

I noticed two things on the test ride.

1. The car still makes a high pitched whining sound when accelerating. Sounds like its winding up and then down when you let go of the accelerator.
2. When I went over a small speed hump, the car beeped and completely lost acceleration. I had to let go of the accelerator completely and press it down again to get it going.

Starting to think I paid way too much for this car.
They are close together. So no oil came out of the bottom hole when you pulled both plugs? That is not good as somehow pressure built up and forced all of the oil out of the vent.

The vent should relieve pressure buildup without venting any oil under normal circumstances. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can comment on this.

If it is a whining sound and not a grinding sound, it is either the controller or the motor or a bearing. Depending on how loud it is, some whine is normal.

As far as the loss of power, it could be the solenoid dropped out momentarily.
That could be due to the throttle switch in the MCOR.

Depending on how much you paid for this cart, if you choose to keep it, you are going to learn a whole lot about it. If the price was right, it is well worth the investment to get it performing great.

But it will take a lot of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills to do that. We will be happy to help based on our own knowledge.

If you are up to it, you won't find a more pleasurable and frustrating hobby!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2022, 09:18 PM   #12
Felipe1183
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
They are close together. So no oil came out of the bottom hole when you pulled both plugs? That is not good as somehow pressure built up and forced all of the oil out of the vent.

The vent should relieve pressure buildup without venting any oil under normal circumstances. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can comment on this.

If it is a whining sound and not a grinding sound, it is either the controller or the motor or a bearing. Depending on how loud it is, some whine is normal.

As far as the loss of power, it could be the solenoid dropped out momentarily.
That could be due to the throttle switch in the MCOR.

Depending on how much you paid for this cart, if you choose to keep it, you are going to learn a whole lot about it. If the price was right, it is well worth the investment to get it performing great.

But it will take a lot of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills to do that. We will be happy to help based on our own knowledge.

If you are up to it, you won't find a more pleasurable and frustrating hobby!

I’m committed to fixing this one. Father-in-law thinks it’s the motor brushes/bearings. Car also need batteries and cables. Addressing those things next week.

In for the journey with the help of the community. I know little about these things.
Felipe1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 11:34 PM   #13
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

The reason it quit going over that speed bump is because you stalled the motor, just guessing but you probably got to the breaker, stopped and tried to go over it slow. You need to have a little speed to make it over without stalling. To avoid this in the future you need a higher amperage controller.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:48 AM   #14
Felipe1183
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
The reason it quit going over that speed bump is because you stalled the motor, just guessing but you probably got to the breaker, stopped and tried to go over it slow. You need to have a little speed to make it over without stalling. To avoid this in the future you need a higher amperage controller.
That makes sense. Just realized I also have a dead battery and the cables aren't in great condition. Time to change all that out.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:50 AM   #15
Felipe1183
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post

I think you're on to something, Tom. I noticed the breather was pretty banged up. I found the part online and am going to replace it.
Old 07-05-2022, 02:52 PM   #16
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe1183 View Post
I think you're on to something, Tom. I noticed the breather was pretty banged up. I found the part online and am going to replace it.
I hope that's all that was leaking.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:20 AM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If there was no oil in it at all then I think it's going to need to be opened up and checked for wear. Gears and bearings don't like to be run dry.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car