lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

View Poll Results: Would you or your customers be interested in a similar LCD state of charge display?
Yes! 25 60.98%
Maybe... 11 26.83%
No! 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #21
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone Interested In a LCD State of Charge Meter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
I think it is bad ***. There are some picky people here. Making it water resistant would not be too hard. Maybe use hot glue. I have waterproofed many circuits with it. It is also fairly easy to pick at and remove when needed for service. Then after you perform a repair, just melt some more on to reseal it, the old left over parts just melt in with the new.
No just want what they pay for!
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #22
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
thanx!

added functionality...

temperature monitoring, mph, data logging, motor rpm, monitoring individual cell voltages, BIG numbers display (one number takes 2 rows), menu functions, gps, alarms, current monitoring, RFID, bluetooth, etc. are all possibilities with the chipset im currently using. Atmel ATmega 328p
-sj
Thank you for the explanation. I think that thing is pretty neat.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #23
Farmbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

weather proof, 5x2, with all those possible functions,I like it and would consider getting one if available ! Oh and flush mount to.
Farmbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #24
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also interested. Definitely flush mount
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #25
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by contender View Post
I am very interested in one of these. Right now I ride around with a digital voltage meter in glove compartment and folks always ask "why do you have that".
lol, i've considered doing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
Thank you for the explanation. I think that thing is pretty neat.
thanx! its really no different than your typical "computer" found in any modern car. your car likely has many of these "blackbox" type computers onboard controlling and monitoring various subsystems. those computers all report back to the OBD port, allowing the modern mechanic to quickly diagnose a cars problem without even cracking open the hood.

actually, the cart already has at least one µC; the OBC is a very similar type of device, just programmed and wired to perform a different function.

this particular chip is limited to 6 analog sensors and something like 13 digital i/o's. the lcd uses 6 digital pins, the battery uses one analog. that leaves 7 digital pins for controlling things like relays or leds or counting rotations for a tachometer, and 5 analog pins for monitoring things like voltage or temperature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmbuggy View Post
weather proof, 5x2, with all those possible functions,I like it and would consider getting one if available ! Oh and flush mount to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
Also interested. Definitely flush mount
i figured most people would prefer flush. i had a surface mounted tach on my seadoo and was never happy with the way it looked.

"all of the possibilities" is a bit of stretch. while all of those functions are possible, the chip is limited by its number of inputs. some of the capabilities aren't really practical either. mph, temp, & battery are definitely on my to-do list.

i've got a idea involving bluetooth that might eliminate the need for mounting a LCD!
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #26
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

heres a example of some different methods for displaying information with a similar type lcd. his is a 20x4, the LCD i showed in the photo on the first page is a 16x2.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #27
freddmc
Gone Wild

"Um.... do more research on potted daylight readable LED 2 wire panel meters for DC...they are accurate. They are out there and I am using them in my carts and others."

Scotty, can you tell me the name of this gauge. Do you sell them? If so how much are they" Will they work on 12 volt?(for my motorhome)

Thanks

Fred
freddmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Datel makes the panel meters I am using I do not sell a 12 volt unit. But they are available.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #29
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddmc View Post
"Um.... do more research on potted daylight readable LED 2 wire panel meters for DC...they are accurate. They are out there and I am using them in my carts and others."

Scotty, can you tell me the name of this gauge. Do you sell them? If so how much are they" Will they work on 12 volt?(for my motorhome)

Thanks

Fred
heres a cheap one: 9-26v meter
Old 11-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A bunch of us here have already been the cheap LCD meter route.... some of us got our money back and some of us never did, some got 3 meters before they got one that worked. Are you recommending this meter as something you have tested and found suited to outdoor golf cart use? Or are you just googling around?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car