lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #11
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 Club Car speed adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmne View Post
I'm new to the golf car world. I also have a 2008 CC Pres. Not sure of the speed code, but it is showing 15 on my GPS. I would like to bump it up with little work. I have seen Spedy Link or the dealer I bought if from tells me to just switch out the magnet.

What is the best fix? If the magnet is the better fix then does anyone have directions with pictures? I'm not the most handy.

Thanks in advance.
You may want to start a new thread so your answers don't get muddled up in this thread . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

PQ.... ahh yes an IQ. Although I've never seen an IQ controller revert back to old settings. They seem to stick pretty good once programmed. I was gonna tell you about another adjustment if it was a PH, but it's not so nevermind.... and about the magnets. It would be every bit as good as the speedy link. It accomplishes pretty much the same task. But I have NO IDEA where to buy a magnet like that... I'd love to find out. However, keep in mind that by changing the magnet, you increase the RPM of the motor, which in turn increases speed. These motors from the factory are not designed to run extreme speeds. I highly reccommend getting PQ to build you a motor if it's speed that you're after. They've got very reasonable prices and they balance the armatures to ensure that they don't fly apart on you while you're flying down the road.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
trigger1937
Gone Wild

TahoeDawg,... Thanks for the info. So now I know I have an IQ,...What all does this tell me about my cart. I have another question about painting my cart but I will start a new thread since it is a completely different subject.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The IQ system is a very refined version of the early Regen systems, without all the bugs. It's an excellent system. By FAR my favorite of all of them. You'll absolutely love it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #15
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Here is an update on the speed control issue discussed in previous notes. I had a local tech come out to my home to check and set the correct speed to #3 on my 2008.5 Precedent. When he plugged it in it read #3 already, and this is what the Dealer said he set it at when I got it. The problem is that I "THOUGHT" I had driven the cart and experienced higher speed. After I had disconnected and charged some batteries and reconnected everything I drove it again and check the speed and it would only get up to 13MPH. So I assumed that disconnecting the batteries reset the unit. He set it again today to #3 and he also reset and cleared all stored error conditions from the past. I drove the cart and the speed again was 13 MPH and not more. The batteries are all at full charge, 12.57 to 12.73 volts. Many times I have seen ads for people selling Precedent CC in #3 mode and boasting about 16.3 MPH. The local tech thinks it drives just like any other #3 club car. We tried it several times and the unit always stays at #3 setting and the speed does not change. I am not that happy with 13MPH so I will investigate other option. I'm not sure right now if I want to pay Club Car the $100 for #4 speed.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #16
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Colbyntx,... I assume you paid the $100 and got the speed upgrade to 19.1 MPH,.. is that correct.

ZMNE,... Do you have records of where you bought it and could ask the seller what it was set for. The other option would be to check with your local Golf Cart Tech,...it seems there is one in every neighborhood. If he owns the programmer he could just plug it in and read your setting. I would love to get the 15MPH you are getting. Are there any changes to your cart that you know of,..like the controlller, motor, magnets, larger tires, etc.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #17
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

@Trigger1937: CC manual states stock speed is 12-15mph . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #18
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

post #7 --speed magnets seller
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #19
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Steve,... Thanks for the info. It doesn't make me happy but at least now I know. Where can I get a copy of the CC manual.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #20
trigger1937
Gone Wild

OK,,.. I think I have the answer but I won't be able to confirm it for a week or more as I going out of town and can't follow up. I talked to the local Club Car dealer and he gave me the answer why my Club Car would possible only run at 12-13MPH. Yes he confirmed that my setting of #3 is what I should have but he said the "Speed Quality Setting" should be at "0", and mine is set at 10. What this does it is lowers the overall speed of what ever setting is in the controller and drops the speed by 0.4 MPH for every digit entered in the quality setting. So at a setting of 10 I would get 4 MPH lower than the peak speed of 16PMH,..and that is what I'm getting,..about 12-13 MPH.

The owner explained that some golf courses don't like the 16mph and kept requesting the speed be dropped and he said they had to take it up to a setting of 10 tomake them happy. My local tech guy has it all wrong and is very upset with me when I told him that his setting of "10" for my speed Quality actually slowed the cart down,..he did not believe me,..so we will have to wait till next week to test it. However I believe the dealer,.. as he had no hesitation in telling me the facts as soon as I described my problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car