lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #21
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Need work, are they ripping us off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emurf49 View Post
Ya so parts is $210 from buggies...an extra $200 to keep my sanity is fine...these jerks want to jack me they are messin with the wrong peeps! I have a hot rod cart so they must think I will just peel off a G...not!
Watch out for overseas parts and their quality...............or lack of!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #22
emurf49
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Buggiesunlimited=overseas parts?
emurf49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #23
crash12888
Gone Crazy

yes.................
so you are going to order parts on line and take them and it to a shop for them to fix?
Not to many shops that I know of will do that. but then I don't deal with repair shops.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #24
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Do the easy ones like replacing the plugs and the belt. To install the starter gen belt, loosen the starter so you can move it closer to the engine block. Two spark plugs, a drive belt and the starter gen belt would cost you less than US$ 50.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #25
emurf49
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool ya didnt think that took 2.5 hrs...how do I verify the brakes/hubs need replacing? They said they are grooved? Not sure if I believe them....
emurf49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #26
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Simply remove the wheel. Then remove the brake drum. A little tricky for a first timer but not complicated. A little tap of the hammer here and there and pry a bit. When that is done, the brake lining is already exposed. If srtill thick, no reason to replace. Replace everything. Then adjust the brake cable (under the rug under your feet) by tightening the adjusting nut.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #27
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Replacing the spark plug takes only about 5 minutes, ten maybe if you are groping. Check electrode gap before you install new plugs altho spark plugs are factory gapped. But check nonetheless. Replacing the drive belt requires some technique. You will learn by experimenting. The starter belt will take longer. You have to loosen the belt adjuster/tightener then the 19mm bolt that holds the starter. Take out the old belt and replace with a new one. Done and you save a hundred bucks on labor.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I hope nobody takes this as offensive...
I know everybody means well, but if certain methods & torque specs are not followed this brake job could end up costing more than it saves. I have seen a $2 spark plugs cross threaded in the head which required the head to be removed and repaired in a machine shop because somebody was not properly trained. Total costs $185

Simply crawl under your cart, a place you probably have never been, and apply a spot of spray paint to the brake hubs, then ask the mechanic for your old parts back.

Not everyone is born to be a mechanic and that's okay, too.
I think the mechanical types sometimes forget the majority doesn't have the equipment or knowledge to perform professional repairs.

If you are not wrenching on your car, your lawnmower, your home & auto wiring, your generator, your boat, or your plumbing ...... you probably shouldn't be working on your golf cart either

Get a manual for your cart year & model and review the projects before you start taking stuff apart

Again! This is not aimed at anyone. And I only want to post this somewhere on the board once a year....I do not want to hijack this thread, just insert a note. So read it and go on.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #29
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good points Dog, also the shop rate is not out of line
if the mechanic is qualified. Overhead "heat lights insurance
rent" has to be payed out of that.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's right Dooms a good mechanic can save you money by knowing the best fix. and having the right equipment for the job. That's a big investment right there.

When price is king quality goes out the window.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO