lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
jcgonzal
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: The journey begins... 85 EZ Go

Have you thought about BBQ-ing your muffler while it's off? Sounds like a common fix on these old 2-strokes to clean out the years of build-up.
jcgonzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #12
Greg Rider
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm surprised that thing ran enough for you to figure out it was shot.
Greg Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

I think the damage to the piston was done with me not knowing the governor had been disabled by the previous owner.
mattpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #14
racin161
Gone Wild

Or the oil injection pump failed if you still have it. Get rid of it upon rebuild mix the first tank at 3oz per gallon then after that 128:1 or 1oz per gallon.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #15
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

I haven't updated this in a while. Got the motor back together but ran into a little snag when I put the crankcase seals in place. I was using a piece of PVC about the same size as the seal to gently tap it into place. The next thing you know I had driven it in too far! CRAP! What's worse is I did the other side too! It's going to bug me until I get it fixed so I order new seals and they should be in sometime next week. Another question.. Should the crankshaft be hard to turn by hand once everything is back together? I clamped a pair of vice grips on the oil pump end of the shaft and moved the piston up and down that way but I couldn't turn it by hand.

Matt
Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #16
racin161
Gone Wild

Sounds normal with new rings and everything tight. Even with a wore out engine and no leverage ie flywheel/drive clutch to grab it would even be tough unless your in the STRONG MAN contest LOL. Try it after the flywheel or drive clutch is installed. Oh and get rid of that injector pump.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #17
racin161
Gone Wild

Plug that hole in the intake with a screw or bolt. Sorry I had to look at the pic a second time. SENIOR MOMENT.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #18
The kid
Getting Wild

I'm getting a marathon for 300$ that runs but has no power, after seeing this....I am very scared on what might be wrong lol
The kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
racin161
Gone Wild

Don't know where your located but $300 is not a bad price.First we all recommend doing a compression test 90 or below you will at least be talking a top end kit in the $200 range but these little engines and carts or a blast. Need any help were here. WELCOME
Old 01-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #20
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

I bought mine for $200 with the same symptoms. Don't let is scare you. I've never worked on an engine before and I've been able to tear it completely down and get it back to the state that you see in the last pic. Yes, I've made a few mistakes along the way but I'm learning and I can guarantee that you'll know more about your cart and how to troubleshoot things after the rebuild. I went with the full rebuild kit but you may only need a top end kit which is very easy to do. I would have no reservations about tearing into another one if I had the chance.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO