lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
Dplumber
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: power to drive up levee

If your batteries are bad could be problem you can always upgrade to a torq motor
Dplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

No need installing a torque motor behind old batteries.
He's running a pretty good 48/36 combo now, just not getting the amps to the motor.
Either tired batteries or small/corroded cables choking amps.

Waiting on date code update on batteries from him........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnhood View Post
here is a pic of the levee. i need to get a pic with a truck or something at the top so u can tell how far it is.
I am hunting in very hilly terrain in Alabama and on one occasion drained the battery to about 20% charge while humping up and down 5-6 hills from 30 to 50 feet tall for a total of about 10 miles. The terrain was also rough and fairly muddy at the time. My cart has a high torque motor with a 500A controller, so I would suspect it would drain more battery power than a stock setup. My batteries are also new from this past summer and I did carefully break them in and this was the only time I drained them much past 50%. My take is, if you are OK with the performance on your terrain (they will slow down going up hill), then an upgrade is not necessary. However, if your total travel distance is shorter than 10 miles and you are only going up and down the levee a few times on the incline and surface I see in the photo, you are not getting the battery charge time you should be getting. Either your electrical cables are not right (corroded, frayed, etc) or your batteries are old & tired. There might be other causes, but I think these are your two most likely suspects
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #14
robnhood
Getting Wild
Club Car

i just put 2 guage cables on and i didnt see the date on the batteries anywhere. i will go and get a load test on the batteries this weekend. was told they are three years old and sat for most of last year in the cart shed. i dunno if they were charged regularly in the shed. they are probably on their last leg.
robnhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnhood View Post
didnt see the date on the batteries anywhere. .
There is no letter/digit code stamped into any of the terminals such as A0 or C9?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #16
robnhood
Getting Wild
Club Car

i found a number stamped on the side of the batteries. it looked like
B04D5I1 0419
GCS185X0W ST4.
is the date code in there?
robnhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car