lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Is this a Jake's lift? Is it installed correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETX View Post
I hope the Jake's guy on here will confirm it.
My info says he already did. Someone in this formula is NOT being 100% truthfull. Keep us informed.....
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

that dosn,t look like any jakes lift i have ever seen......and i have to agree with G. the poster with jakes name there says its not a jakes lift that says it all.............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #13
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I agree, but I did not have a specific name to give him. The Jake's guy on here I would have say is the real deal, but outside here he is just a guy on a website. Without specific details of who posted the answer, I did not have substantial information to call this guy out just because I saw it here. It's cool, but if the Jake's guy wants me to provide details about this business I will give them to him. They must be a customer of his. I did tell him I was told this was not a Jake's lift and he ask who told me this and I said "a person from Jake's." I had No name...no other info...end of my ability to further argue my point. I would love for the Jake's guy to make a phone call to him and discuss with him his claim that this is a Jake's lift.

Here again I could not give specifics, so I did not press the issue. Without specific info...You know...on the internet....everyone is a millionaire body builder with a Lamborghini and a second home in the Caribbean. I just hope the kids don't scratch the Countach with the cart now that it's running great...between snorkling at the beach and working out, I just don't have time to watch them.
ETX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Send him a link to this thread, LOL!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Jake's Lift Kits home is Burnham, Pa . . . . the "guy" with the Jake's Lift Kits avatar is from Burnham, Pa . . . I would have to believe that this guy is a company rep of some sort . . . Shoot him a PM . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #16
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Ewwwww... I have a bad feeling!

BU and Jake's are owned by the same "parent" company! (no disrespect Jake's!)
Could it be possible that the dealer is intentionally confusing BU and Jake's to make more money?

I'm proud to say that I have a "REAL" Jake's lift on my cart, and it says so right on it!

and if Jake's (no matter WHO is posting for the company) say's it's not theirs... I believe them!

my .02
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Misc. 107.jpg (166.8 KB, 24 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #17
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

It looks like a BU Economy-Lift($199).I just looked in an old catalog,and from the pic it looked the same as yours.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

BU? Is that Buggies Unlimited? Sorry guys I am knew to this stuff....I went to the Buggies Unlimited website and didn't see anything that matched what this is with the threaded studs on the rear lift brackets....
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

On a side note and completely off topic...while crawling around under the cart today...I notice grease all over the inside of the new rims and tires. It was obviously used to get the tires on the rims and is apparently a common practice. So I will deflate them and clean it off. My Dad retired from Uniroyal and was an M.I.T. engineering graduate and I distinctly remember when getting new "Tiger Paws" on my first car, he witnessed the guy putting grease on the rim. He told him to take the tires off because grease causes rubber to deteriorate. The "grease" monkey said (being "G" rated) "B.S." just how the "heck" did you come up with that "crap". Dad, in a calm tone...which was unusual...said..."because I @*&^%()) made the $#@*&#! rubber in that tire! Not sure if that is still true today, but just a FYI deal. The M.I.T. gene hopefully skips every other generation cuz the kids make straight A's...I did grajiat frum Koledj but it wern't M.I.T.! Again just FYI....Have a great weekend Kart peeps!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

It may be "Rim-Grease" such as Frey-Lube(a brand we use around here).Its' made for tire mounting.Grease won't hurt anything either,especially considering its' a golf-cart not a heavy,high-speed application like a car/truck.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car