lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
shmitterton
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need Help Troubleshooting!

On top of disconnecting power you gotta remember to discharge the controllers capacitor as well. I agree once again that upgrades rock! Good luck with your buggy.
shmitterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
shmitterton
Not Yet Wild

Scotty might confirm or deny it, but looking at your picture Lucas, you may have only fried your solenoid. It's been a long time since I've had a look at one of those models. Good luck regardless.
shmitterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
Lucas867
Not Yet Wild

I'm thinking it's a regen II because it has the run/tow switch, the forward/ reverse rocker switch and the larger silver controller. Does it matter that it is a 2001?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We need to know if this is a Regen I or Regen II cart.
Lucas867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

FSIP(GE) makes a 500 amp controller for Regen I & II it will give you about 35% more torque and speeds up to 24 mph.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #15
Lucas867
Not Yet Wild

Will that be ok with the stock motor?

Quote:
FSIP(GE) makes a 500 amp controller for Regen I & II it will give you about 35% more torque and speeds up to 24 mph.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It will be. It is on the large size. 400 amps is what most people agree is the limit a stock motor can handle but I say the only difference between a 400 and 500 amp controller is the last 1/4 of the gas peddle travel .... If you can use it responsibly (sparingly) you will be okay. Just don't stand on the gas for long periods of time.... You should not drive like that regardless of what controller you have. The very lowest and fastest speeds create the most heat.
I have lots of responsible drivers out there using 500a on stock motors. The extra power is there when they need it and for future upgrades, like that big aftermarket motor?
Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #17
Lucas867
Not Yet Wild

Well we have pretty big hills on our land and with 3 or 4 people on it, it may be hard to stay off the last 1/4 of the pedal. Granted, the longest I'd have it floored is like a minute, to get to the top of a hill or whatever. And how sure can we be that its the controller and not the solenoid too?

Thanks,

Lucas

Quote:
It will be. It is on the large size. 400 amps is what most people agree is the limit a stock motor can handle but I say the only difference between a 400 and 500 amp controller is the last 1/4 of the gas peddle travel .... If you can use it responsibly (sparingly) you will be okay. Just don't stand on the gas for long periods of time.... You should not drive like that regardless of what controller you have. The very lowest and fastest speeds create the most heat.
I have lots of responsible drivers out there using 500a on stock motors. The extra power is there when they need it and for future upgrades, like that big aftermarket motor?
Hope this helps
Old 02-27-2012, 03:03 AM   #18
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Upgrades are the way to go. But still test your solenoid. Jump across the two large terminals with a heavy wire, just by hand, to make sure.

You don't want to get upgrades in the mail, install then have same problem. That's a big downer.
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car