lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Indyirishfan
Not Yet Wild

Default New PQ Bandit Question?

I just purchased a 2002 Club Car 48 volt DS to use as a hunting cart. I figured I would need more than a stock motor to go up hills, so I ordered a Bandit from PQ. I just don't have the money to upgrade everything now i.e. controller, wires, solenoid, and F/R switch. I've got a pretty steep hill to go up on my hunting property. Do I run the risk of burning any of the other parts up just using the Bandit without upgrading the other parts?
Indyirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
03Villager
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New PQ Bandit Question?

I am a novice when it comes to this kind of information but this thread my help you out

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post137494
03Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
2frank
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyirishfan View Post
I just purchased a 2002 Club Car 48 volt DS to use as a hunting cart. I figured I would need more than a stock motor to go up hills, so I ordered a Bandit from PQ. I just don't have the money to upgrade everything now i.e. controller, wires, solenoid, and F/R switch. I've got a pretty steep hill to go up on my hunting property. Do I run the risk of burning any of the other parts up just using the Bandit without upgrading the other parts?

The folks at PQ probably would be glad to answer your ? frank
2frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyirishfan View Post
A couple of observations:
- Without the additional amperage from upgraded controller, solenoid, cables, etc. you will not see a significant torque increase. However, If you are ok with the torque on the property to be run on then you should be ok.
- If you are running an IQ (regen) system you need to be careful to not stall the motor, meaning do not keep on throttle if the cart stops moving on steep grades. If you have a series cart I unnderstand this is not an issue.
Hope this helps.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is what my cart has : 2003 CC, PQ Bandit, 500 FSIP, 8" with 25" Swampers

My Bandit hasn't burnt up yet but it is the weakest link, just don't stall your's out and you will be good.
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
Indyirishfan
Not Yet Wild

Well I did it. I burnt something up. I had previously gotten the motor pretty hot going up some hills but had no problems. Yesterday I went up a pretty big hill and when I got to the top I had no reverse. Then forward became intermintent and now I have neither. I'm hoping its the F/R switch or the solenoid. Any thoughts on what it might be or how to tell. I only here a click in forward but the cart doesn't move. I'm hoping its not the motor. I still have the old stock motor and can put it back in to see if the cart will go. Then I can assume I burnt up my PQ Bandit. Its a bummer cause the cart was really running well until then.
Indyirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you may have overloaded the controller so keep that in mind.....you can get away with just a motor if its all flats but as soon as you drive the way your driving it you really need to upgrade the controller and everything else......try and smell the controller if you can smell the burnt smell its done.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Time to bite the bullet. Torque & Speed motor, 500A+ Controller, 400A Sol, 2-4G Wires, etc. Be sure to get a torque (14-16mph) or torque + speed (20-23mph) motor for those hills. You will not be sorry. Broke, maybe, but not sorry. I have this setup (w/ D&D torque&speed motor) for hunting in hilly country and it pulls hard up any hill I am willing to try to climb - anything steeper and I worry about flipping the darn thing!
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car