lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
BigLar368
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Difference between G22 and G22A?

Was just curious if there is a difference and if there is could anyone explain what it is. Just got a 2006 G22A. Nothing special all stock. Runs really good. I turned the governor all the way up and got 26 mph out of it. Brought it to the track. It dragged my car back to the pits no prob and that aint easy cause its a pita just to push the car. Only small prob. I can find is it kinda bucks at really low speed and it back fires really loud when you push it hard and stop fast. Thanks in advance.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
librarian
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Difference between G22 and G22A?

I have an 04 22a also. I may be wrong, but I think the 2 models are 22e for electric and 22a for gas. Love mine. Getting it ready for street legal inspection. Have everything done except mirror and windshield. Hope to be done and inspected by Friday.
librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:36 AM   #3
BigLar368
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

We have a city ordinace in our city. All you have to have is lights, horn, rear view mirror, and orange triangle. Also have to be a licensed driver.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
acg274
Not Yet Wild

It sounds like you problem is you need more low end power. I just bought a power kit from Plowmans Every one here had good things to say about all of their stuff. The best part about them is you can tell Don (the Owner) what you want to do with your cart and he will tell you what you need and why. No one spring fits all fix. Do a search on plowmans that should help
acg274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
BigLar368
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yeah I looked at their website however my cart has plenty of low end power. That has never been a problem. Takes off great and has no problem pulling my car.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
librarian
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLar368 View Post
We have a city ordinace in our city. All you have to have is lights, horn, rear view mirror, and orange triangle. Also have to be a licensed driver.
In Ohio I have to get it inspected at an inspection point to get under speed plates for it. I could run it around our village without that, but I will be taking it with me to camp at state park. Anything there must have plates. Ohio law requires headlights, tailights, turn signals, brake lights, horn, windshield, mirror, and proof of insurance. I have everything done, except windshield and mirror. I am cutting my own windshield this time. I ordered the mounting kit, so it won't take long to finish up. I also installed a small amp and some speakers. Hope to be inspected and plated by Friday pm.
librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
BigLar368
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like fun. I dont have a lot of plans for my cart other than maybe a new clutch and some larger wheels and tires to make it easier to load on the trailer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha