lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Default cart suddenly losing power

This what i have, its a ezgo body and frame, i put a logisystems 700controller, ge 380 motor on a club rearend, which was all for a club car, gutted the pedal box and put in a pb-6. it has run perfect for 2 yrs, it has 2 y/o batts, which are charged with an onboard delta 48v charger. Suddenly tday it started losing power. Voltage is 51v across pack. it also has 2g cables. I did find tday looking, that the cable from (+) pack to the controler was alittle loose in the lug. I made new one and filled in new lugs with solder. installed and problem was the same. Please throw me any and all possibilities. I will check all cables tomorrow, of which i will have to cut off the heat shrink tubing and see if any more cable has come loose in lugs. Was running 25mph GPS, Saturday. water is also good in batts. if all cables look good, where do i go?? I'm not a cart builder but I did build this one. Very simple set up. thx for any help....
la-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: cart suddenly losing power

Well I checked all cables and lugs, they look good. Checked the PB-6, it's operating perfect 5.2-0.00 full pedal. I did notice last night after running cart hard up and down street that the (+) off the HD solenoid to the positive on pack was very hot also. I did recrimp it with my vice and installed. I'm leaning toward the controller. It's the 700a logisystems. How do I check that??? Does anyone have contact info for them, I cannot find anything on net.
la-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car