lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
FaberM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default New owner - tons of questions to come I feel

picked up a '92 G9 last fall and just getting in to figure out what to do. Going to be spending some time over the next few weeks getting to know her. Never really played with GC's before, but have played a bunch with cars. Got some Jakes heavy duty rear coil overs b/c the current ones are blown. went with the hd's due to the rear seat.

Questions I have so far:
  • What are good jack points or does it not really matter where?
  • the bottom of the rocker panels is about 10.5" off the ground and the apex of the rear wheel well is ~24" from the ground. Rear axle seems to be ~ 4" off the ground. Any idea if this has a lift kit on it?

Glad to have found this board and look forward to getting all the info I can from it and having some fun.
FaberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New owner - tons of questions to come I feel

Welcome aboard Fab another G9 rear axle and front bumper are my favorites for jack points. get pictures on here ASAP great bunch of guys on here have fun
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
FaberM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the response - Will get some tonight most likely!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
FaberM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So I'm thinking that it has a 4" lift - at the bottom of where the shock mounts are, there is a 4" block there. Going to get pics today, but have to hit the camper b/c a tree fell and damaged it...grrr
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha