lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Default Charger Adapter's

I just made this one up today. Old 36 volt timer charger with the power wise plug on it. Just tap the small red wire inside handle to the black wire contact. Works great.

Now if you don't have the old handle laying around just take the old cart side and use it. Leave the small red wire out of it totally.

No I didn't leave out you C/C fans either. I can charge the Ezgo's with any old style C/C charger with these.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: Charger Adapter's

cool idea! What about making a multiple all-in-one adapter? I would use 10 or 8awg wiring on this instead regular 12!
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
gulffer1
Gone Wild

Great idea! Thank you for sharing it with us.
gulffer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thanks,
I got tired of having to swap charger's all the time to and from the beach.
How can you make a all in one when all the carts use differant ends? I know if it's for personal use yes but being for working on customer's carts I need to have each end.
The charger doesn't care if it's a Ezgo, Club Car, Yamaha the manufacturer does.

You can change all your carts ends to use one type. I have done this before on a old Ezgo.
Give me your idea's on how to and I'll see what I can come up with.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
gaston
Gone Wild

OK, I just draw this, the system could be even scalable and put many other types of plug, just put some basic ones and run out of space, but you get the point with this.
On the joint of wires, use some tube connector, crimped and welded, this could be improved, but is the basic idea, as I run this golf car shop I am thinking of making one of this, thanks Andy!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Gaston,
I see what you want to do but would it not be better with just each end seperate so you could charge multi carts instead of just one at a time. If all your connections are made as one.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
gaston
Gone Wild

Oh yes Andy, I am thinking in terms of a single user, I have chargers for all the types of cart but the other day I didn't have one of the chargers and had to put an ezgo female plug onto a customers CC to charge it, this could save us time... anyway I am thinking that in terms of practicability I'll just have none adpater
Old 06-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

That would be a wiring nightmare also with all the connections I would think. Finding a intersection peice to tie it all together is going to be the hardest part.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
glen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thats a neat way of hooking up chargers to carts. Will have to remember this. Thanks Andy

glen
glen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapter's
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO