lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new battery wont charge

He doesn't have it turned right. Got the - and + switched maybe. It would charge but not as good as the others. My guess.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
gaston
Gone Wild

For the light system use something you can keep rotating wires as crocodile clamps, this will give you the ability of keep rotating the load to 2 then other 2 later other 2 batteries keeping the charge near to balanced.
The age on batteries will be a point of concern also, shelf batteries are problematic.
Post a picture of your setup this will help us to determine your problem!
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
chiott
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is a pic of the wire setup I have. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0804.jpg (82.5 KB, 23 views)
chiott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #14
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It looks accurate as far as - to +. That is if the labels are all the same. I appears the charger cables are correct....You may have got a second bad battery. You need to test individual voltages before and 1/2hour after charge. This will tell you your base reading.
A load tester is a qiuck way to test, not many people have them.
You can isolate two of the batteries and charge with a 12v charger, or the problem battery alone, if you have a 6v charger. Run it to full charge turn it off and record the reading every hour or so. If it continues to slowly drop, it's probably a bad battery,
You could also switch two batteries and if the problem moves, The battery is the problem. If it doesn't move with the switch, there is a wiring issue.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #15
gaston
Gone Wild

chiott what are these 2 wires marked on your picture for?
It seems those 2 are drawing 30 volts only?, but as per your description this mean to be battery 6, not 1... did you check the charger polarity OK?

I got to say no offense this looks as spider web for me,

Put the cart on charge and do individual readings with charger working and post them here please...
Battery 1 is the one near to positive, 6 the one at negative charger side, and please highlight the # problem battery.

I see a mayor flaw drawing power for 12v for only those 2 batteries constantly, what you are doing is drawing more power of only those 2, then when you plug the charger it will overcharge the other 4 until those 2 reach their charge, this is seen in many factory carts but does not mean is a good practice. Use the clamps as I described to keep rotating wires from 2 to 2 batts.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
jml944
Not Yet Wild

Gaston, the clip idea sounds good. How often do you rotate the connections?
jml944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #17
gaston
Gone Wild

I suggest my customers to do it daily if you use light system everyday, it really depends on how much you use the lights or draw 12 volts from only 2 batts, at the end the best is the DC converter if you want to keep your entire pack healthy
Old 07-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
chiott
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the help, I plan on working on it this week. Were would be the best place to get some 6v lights? Thanks again!
chiott is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO