lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
johnno0213
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 V Rest. 83 Fairway V no power up hill

I went through the whole Cart and switched from Marine Batteries to 6 Golf Cart Batteries. Turns out that I have the same problem; no power going up hill? I guess the Pedel they call the wiper control has a problem?

I did clean the copper circles in the past. Could it be the spring loaded Accelerator Switch?

If so How do I test?
johnno0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 V Rest. 83 Fairway V no power up hill

As you know the wiper assembly is pretty primitive and straight forward. Just check to see that all of the copper pucks are flat and clean and that the wiper stud has 100% contact with all of them. A weak spring can be a problem.
It is normal for an electric cart to slow on a hill. They all do it to some degree. Have you been following the proper break-in procedures for new batteries? How many charge cycles have they gone thru?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
johnno0213
Not Yet Wild

I got rid of the 3 Marine Batteries and purchased 6 used golf batteries & was told they had a load test good for 65 minutes or more. The boat batteries acted the same so; I think I have a issue with something down there? I need to go up my driveway on pavement. Should the cart make noise as I press the petal ? I could switch out the switch from the parts cart it is slightly different looking same concept. what is the spring load for? can I just tape it up?

Should I put it on jacks and see if it goes fasted as I push down the pedal or any think else?

Now that I have all the wiring figured out maybe, I should fix the other cart and see if it is better.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
johnno0213
Not Yet Wild

I have a problem with the spring loaded contact with the wire to the solenoid that touches each of the 5 copper circles. Only clicks on the second one( I think it is warn) Can this be replaced? It looks complicated?

Will just this part come off or do I take apart the whole thing with two large nuts and one small?
Old 07-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
hllon4whls
Not Yet Wild

You can order the contacts and the wiper part or you can buy all as a package. My contacts were so rusted that I bought a new board with contacts and the new wiper part. I bought it from EBay, but 3r may have it. Price is about $60 to your door.

Its not hard to change, but it takes some time. I just did mine because it was tost I upgraded everything to 2gauge cable, but that is overkill.

I originally posted that I had bought the wiper for more money. I had to buy a wiper and a resistor pack. That was about $120. If your resistor coil is good, just get the wiper board and be good.

WOT there should be no difference between a properly functioning wiper board and a controller, but the controller will support 48v and you get better part throttle efficiency. At 48v you will have more HP to climb hills.

Update:
Here is a link to the part for reference.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Golf-cart-parts-...4#ht_500wt_956

And from a site sponser. Mention buggies gone wild and get 10% off. I recommend, I purchased 2 orders of multiple parts and everything went well.

http://www.3rsalesandservice.com/cat...ervice/789.htm

http://www.3rsalesandservice.com/cat...ervice/790.htm
hllon4whls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36 v 83 fairway
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO