lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
Holla_If_Ya_Hemi
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Whats it worth

Hello all. This is my first post. Love the forum. I have been lurking for a few months. I got my hands on a, I believe based on the info I have found on here, 83 ez-go txt. it was actually sitting under a tree at my wifes great aunts. the body and frame are in decent shape with just a little bit of rust. but the battery trays are non-existent, and the reason the cart was parked was because the controller went bad. I dont have the time, know how, or funds to dump into it like I thought I was going to. I estimate about a grand to just get it moving, and for that kind of money, why not just buy one that already runs?

I dont have any pictures right now but will get some if it helps ya'll out in giving me a "whats it worth" idea.

Im in South Georgia by the way.
Holla_If_Ya_Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Whats it worth

I know I got a buy but 6 weeks ago I bought a '92 Marathon with shot batteries and a bad controller on Craigs list for $200.00. I put 7 Interstate U-2200 batteries in it for 42v and a Alltrax AXE 4844 controller and I now have a nice running cart. I added the bigger tires and the enclosure in back.

jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice cart jauguston good buy
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

To BGW
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
rusty1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

it might be worth a hundred or so if it has a charger were is south ga are you i am in mid ga we might can work up a deal
email me at jerrylloyd73@gmail.com
rusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holla_If_Ya_Hemi View Post
Hello all. This is my first post. Love the forum. I have been lurking for a few months. I got my hands on a, I believe based on the info I have found on here, 83 ez-go txt. it was actually sitting under a tree at my wifes great aunts. the body and frame are in decent shape with just a little bit of rust. but the battery trays are non-existent, and the reason the cart was parked was because the controller went bad. I dont have the time, know how, or funds to dump into it like I thought I was going to. I estimate about a grand to just get it moving, and for that kind of money, why not just buy one that already runs?

I dont have any pictures right now but will get some if it helps ya'll out in giving me a "whats it worth" idea.

Im in South Georgia by the way.

Controllers didn't show up until 1989.

If your year is right it is a resistor controlled cart and no where near $1000 to get it running but I still can't help you on the time or funds.

Know how is right here for the asking.

Good luck.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Take another look at thiis one for a rebuild. You buy one for $1,000 I'll bet you spend another $1,000 for the same new upgrades as you will put on this one. Battery tray is no problem if you can weld.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #8
jdinville3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

post up some tech questions in the right section you might find it to cost a LOT less then what you think... Why go buy something that works what fun is it to not make it your own??? I work mad crazy hours and have a wife and kid i work on mine about once a week, i want it done yesterday but hey that's part of the addiction from this site
jdinville3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #9
Redrum323
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome To BGW!!!
Redrum323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #10
Holla_If_Ya_Hemi
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty1 View Post
it might be worth a hundred or so if it has a charger were is south ga are you i am in mid ga we might can work up a deal
email me at jerrylloyd73@gmail.com
Well, I put it on cl

http://valdosta.craigslist.org/rvs/1374684953.html
Holla_If_Ya_Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO