lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: '91 Marathon Controller/ Crawls up to speed

Iv'e used the Axe programable. Supposedly the only differnce is the lack of being able to program it. It will make a good controller. The upside is you can run 48 volts now. Thats a big plus. You'll gain 20-30% across the board going 48 volts. What are you going to do with your old controller????
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #12
DoubleBarS
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Iv'e used the Axe programable. Supposedly the only differnce is the lack of being able to program it. It will make a good controller. The upside is you can run 48 volts now. Thats a big plus. You'll gain 20-30% across the board going 48 volts. What are you going to do with your old controller????

I'll either take it apart and see if I can service it, or send it in to get rebuilt. Why do you ask?
DoubleBarS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #13
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

that controller is a sealed unit,unless you are some kind of electronics engineer with the proper equipment you wont be able to fix it.But it is a good core for rebuild.hold on to it you might need it sometime.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #14
DoubleBarS
Not Yet Wild

I am not an electronics engineer, but I am an electronic service technician. I have been away from it for a while, but used to run a TV/VCR/Car Audio repair shop. I figure this can't be much different than a car audio amplifier.

My uncle has a side business of golf cart repair, and he has a box full of bad controllers that were sent back as non-rebuildable. I think I will take one of those apart before I open mine up.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #15
DoubleBarS
Not Yet Wild

Here are a couple of pictures of my ride, in case anyone is interested. The front basket/grill guard is the result of a 12 pack of beer and creative redneckery... I got bored one night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00207.jpg (140.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00208.jpg (129.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #16
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBarS View Post
I am not an electronics engineer, but I am an electronic service technician. I have been away from it for a while, but used to run a TV/VCR/Car Audio repair shop. I figure this can't be much different than a car audio amplifier.

My uncle has a side business of golf cart repair, and he has a box full of bad controllers that were sent back as non-rebuildable. I think I will take one of those apart before I open mine up.
They can be repaired just not buy anyone. I have fixed a few that I have attempted to repair. 3 out of 5 isn't to bad. Getting the epoxy off each end is a pain but you can get chemicals to remove that, just be careful. (it can be cut out to.)The ITS controllers aren't potted like the older controllers. After thats off there 4 screws on the botton and it will slip right out. Your doesn't sound to be to bad. I don't think theres anything to serious....possibly corrosion inside. The potting material over the years will shrink and allow moisture inside. Believe it or not the fets will wear out. They are just like any other switching device and have limits. It could be just old age.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
DoubleBarS
Not Yet Wild

I installed the new controller and it fixed my problems. Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good to hear of your success
Thanks for coming back and telling us!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO