lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default DCS Jerk F/R with Beeping

Working on a cart that has seen better days. I just put in a rebuilt controller and have it running again. I suspected the batteries to be bad and not holding a charge when I tore into this and I was right, they are shot, after being on the charger and not going more than 50 yards and they don't hold a charge, verified with meter, voltage drops to as low as 26 volts while driving, and after a short jaunt they go from full charge to below 50%.

Now the question... This IS a DCS cart and in my test drives when the batteries drop 50% or below the cart starts to jerk back and forth and starts beeping. Turning the key off and moving the F/R switch to neutral will not stop this, the only thing that stops it is turning the tow run switch to tow. It does this even just moving the cart a few feet.

I know DCS carts are fussy so looking for input. Would the low batteries be causing this alarm and rapid back and fourth jerking? And why would not turning the on off switch to off stop it?

Thanks!
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS Jerk F/R with Beeping

1 - Controller thinks it is rolling.

2 - Batteries are toast - start there first...

3 - Stay away from rebuilt controllers!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post

2 - Batteries are toast - start there first... Agree

3 - Stay away from rebuilt controllers!

So if this is the case why would it not be able to be disabled by key switch (unless controller is hosed)
Old 11-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Because the controller thinks it is rolling down a hill. Any DCS / PDS cart being pushed with out a key will beep to "inform" you of it rolling. This feature has nothing to do with the key...

Old 11-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Because the controller thinks it is rolling down a hill. Any DCS / PDS cart being pushed with out a key will beep to "inform" you of it rolling. This feature has nothing to do with the key...
Yea, you are right, forgot about that..... Well let's hope it's the batteries, this thing has been abandoned and sitting out side for two years. Been a real wreck, the kid brought it to me say I think the motor is bad, I told him it was the controller, and he ask how I knew... I said because it's F&*King melted!
Old 11-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, So the controller is great. It was the fact that the batteries were just completely shot, worst I've seen. New batteries and it's working great.

Now on to the next problem with the cart. Accelerates well and runs well under power. When accelerating it is strong and smooth and no noise, but when costing there is a nasty noise from the motor or differential. I don't think this would be a bearing as I would think I would hear the noise all the time. Just thought I would ask a few of the more seasoned experts before I tear down.

I am having problems getting a audio file to upload otherwise I would attach it. I can email to someone if you're interested in diagnosing. Thanks
Old 11-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Got the file to upload. Standard Windows Media file. http://www.mediafire.com/?twjjhjmftrq
Old 11-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

My guess is motor coupler. But let's wait for someone with a working brain to check in. Great sound file BTW.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
My guess is motor coupler. But let's wait for someone with a working brain to check in. Great sound file BTW.
Thanks Gorno, that was from my Blackberry..I am trying to visualize what you mean by the motor coupler?
Old 11-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's a hard one to 'guess' at. The motor coupler can also be called the input shaft. You may have a bad bearing? First thing I would do is to make sure there is plenty of tranny fluid. Second, remove the rear end cover and see what the fluid looks like and maybe get a good visual?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO