lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Old Marathon Question

Check search found some info,still need some,friend asked me today if he could upgrade his 93 marathon controller for better perf.He said the local EZ dealer said he could not without doing the motor also??? He added that if it were 95 up medalist it would be ok controller only?? this sounded odd to me so I thought I'd ask ya'll.Is this the deal or is the EZ dealer trying to hussle a motor also.Other question he asked me was are there any rear seat kits for a marathon??None of my sources show anything Marathon..As always thanx in advance: Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Old Marathon Question

You first have to define what you call "performance". Is it increased speed? Increased hill climbing ability? Increased range? You can get one and maybe two. Expect to spend close to $2000.00.

I have a '92 Marathon and that is about what I have spent to get from 10 mph to 17 mph and better hill climbing.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Old Marathon Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet View Post
Check search found some info,still need some,friend asked me today if he could upgrade his 93 marathon controller for better perf.He said the local EZ dealer said he could not without doing the motor also??? He added that if it were 95 up medalist it would be ok controller only?? this sounded odd to me so I thought I'd ask ya'll.Is this the deal or is the EZ dealer trying to hussle a motor also.Other question he asked me was are there any rear seat kits for a marathon??None of my sources show anything Marathon..As always thanx in advance: Dave
You can change the controller out to a higher amp unit. Stock controller is 275A. Upgrading to 300-400A aftermarket will get better torque performance but not much speed. Some aftermarket controllers allow use over a wide range of voltages as well for future voltage upgrades.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO