lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #41
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Controller upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeerman View Post
Camo Cart,
I think DoubleTake has about the same setup as you, except that he has stock motor and 48 volts on a 48 volt 500 amp controller. Since you have a 36 volt motor, you should see an increase in speed and torque, but I think you will need to upgrade to a 48 volt controller and possibly a 48 volt HD solenoid.

I think I have read the specs on your motor, and the HP & torque dramatically increase with 48 volts, but you could check with D&D to be sure.

I think you said your batteries are fairly new, so I would add two more six volts to get 48 volts, with more run time than 6-eight volts.

Like Gornoman says, just do it, you won't regret it.
Any off hand sponsor you know hve the correct 48 volt HD solenoid I will need, have seen a few but not sure if they will work for my setup. What does Doubletake have for a solenoid (P/N, Manufacture)?

I am sure this is what I am going to do, I was out this past weekend on the trails and noticed it was not quite enough run time, and torque up the hills. I even smelled the couple of wires I have not replaced yet, get quite toasty and smokey coming back up a hill after a long run down to a buddies cabin a few miles down the road!

So, two more 6 volts in the well, a 500 amp Alltrax controller, a HD solenoid, and the other cables replaced. F&R switch? Survey says?
cdb770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #42
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure what solenoid I have. I was at the local EZGO dealer getting new batteries and they handed me the HD 48 volt solenoid while I was putting in my batteries.
DoubleTake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #43
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTake View Post
Not sure what solenoid I have. I was at the local EZGO dealer getting new batteries and they handed me the HD 48 volt solenoid while I was putting in my batteries.
Thanks I will do some more research then, any other wise words of advise during this transformation that you learned through trial and error?
Old 06-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #44
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Most often used solenoid is a WhiteRogers 586 HD 48v solenoid. (WR586)
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #45
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb770 View Post
Thanks I will do some more research then, any other wise words of advise during this transformation that you learned through trial and error?
Cant think of any, the brakes seems to get worse when I switched to 48 volts.....
Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #46
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTake View Post
Cant think of any, the brakes seems to get worse when I switched to 48 volts.....
That's funny!

Maybe the parts list should read 500a controller, 200a solenoid, HD F&R, & brake shoes?

P.S.
I recently put a pkg deal together for another member. 500a upgrade complete ...Pm me if you want to see it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #47
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That's funny!

Maybe the parts list should read 500a controller, 200a solenoid, HD F&R, & disc brakes?

P.S.
I recently put a pkg deal together for another member. 500a upgrade complete ...Pm me if you want to see it
Changed it for you. The stock ones practically are no good after they see mud.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #48
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks again to all for the valuable input and advise!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO