lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
mini@avette
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Strange throttle

First let me say thanks for any help. My cart is located at my vacation home and I will be going back in 7 weeks and would like to bring the parts needed to fix it with me. Of course the problem happend the last day of my last vacation. Some times when I press the throttle solinoid clicks and cart moves very slow or not at all in forward and reverse. Next time all is good it's a 95 non regen with fully charged battery's reading 51.5. Cart is not lifted and I put a high speed motor and welding cables and cart has run flawless since install. I never changed the solinoid or controler when I changed the motor. I Checked all cables and all was tight. I noticed my solinoid is square like the 48 volt ones for the 2000 year and I don't want to order the wrong one. Should I bring a new controler with me?

Thanks for any help
mini@avette is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
johnatpc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Strange throttle

Evidently this is something we should know cause I posted a similar question and have had 71 views and no responses gfm.I have the same system you have it sounds like does your solinoid have a diode across it mine does.I`m gonna try that first I`ll let you know how it goes.I took all the wires off the batteries and check each one individualy with load tester and all bat checked good put it all back together and put a 2.0 jumper wire from M- on the controller to posi on the bat and it run forw and rev.
johnatpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
mini@avette
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mine has the diode but from what I've read that's just to stop arking and burning of the contacts in the solenoid. I've ordered a new solenoid one to bring with me and I found a source for a controler in south Florida if I need it. I thought I'd get a response but I was wrong. I might order the diode just because it wouldn't hurt. Good luck keep in touch.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
mini@avette
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I changed the solinoid and 1 battery wire that I wasn't happy with and the cart is running fine. I also installed one of Scotty's Digital Meters and I love it.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Mini, I'm sorry you didn't get any help here. This time of year lots of the help guys are out enjoying their carts and it leaves the board short handed sometimes... Thank you for posting back your results and adding to the BGW archives. That helps others later on when they search for similar topics.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
johnatpc
Not Yet Wild

Yea I replaced the same part runs fine now.
johnatpc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
strange throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car