lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Smile Installed "Medium Duty" springs last weekend.

Word of Warning! I bought those "medium duty" rear springs from a site sponsor that were advertised as fitting "Club Car 1981-present". Well, they left out the part about them being ONLY FOR THE DS!

I have a Precedent and the center bolt that fits into the axle bracket is not in the same place as the DS. Mine is offset to the rear by 1-1/2". Instead of sending them back I just drilled a new hole, but not everyone has a machine shop on hand.

That site sponsor has since changed their listing after I complained, but beware if you buy these medium duty springs from someone else. Aside from that, yes the ride is harsher, but I installed the rear seat so I needed the bigger springs.

Other friendly advice - I used a floor jack to lift the cart body and used a scissor jack instead of a jack stand on the axle. That allows you to adjust it much more easily to wiggle it up and down to get everything to fall into place (and it took a lot of wiggling ).
Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Installed "Medium Duty" springs last weekend.

well my question is did they offer to take them back or get you the right ones? everyone makes mistakes so important to know how they handled it? are you satisified whit the end results?..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Funny you should ask, yes they said 'we're sorry' and offered to send me a free T-shirt with my next order. Well, I guess I won't be gettin' a free T-shirt cuz there won't be a next order. Apparently, this spring is not available for Precedents, and I didn't try to send them back, I have better things to do.

True, everyone makes mistakes, but I would think that a company who specializes in Golf Cart parts would know what parts fit what carts.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what i want to know is did they try and make it right? like send it back we,ll reimburse you? if they did than its your right to do what you want but every Co. out there doing business makes mistakes here and there just like me and you do what counts is how they handle it with you................................
Old 06-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Shadow, when I wrote to them I explained that I had already modified the springs myself and that I would not be returning them. So returning them was not an option. I was hoping for a partial refund or store credit or something for my trouble, but all I got was an offer for a free T-shirt IF I made another order with them.

No, I was not satisfied with their response. Considering that they sold me the wrong part I think they should have done more for my trouble than offer me a token 'freebie', and even that only if I placed another order with them!

I wrote this post just to warn others to be careful when buying this item so they don't have the same problem. That's why I'm not saying the name of the company. I'm not here to badmouth site sponsors - but they are the ones who screwed up - not me.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok i didn,t realize you modified the part and yes its good to warn us and for us to know when they do this......but as long as they offered for you to return it and they reimburse you shipping and full price of part i don,t know that i would exspect anything more......i woulda took the T-shirt.............lol...........can always use it for washing the cart....................
Old 06-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

But he only gets the t-shirt IF he makes another purchase....
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I know the sponsor your speaking of, and their one of BGW's best!

Personally...
Yep... they screwed up by initially not listing the springs were for DS's only,
But... YOU screwed up by modifying them to work with your Precedent,
It's always been to my understanding that you shouldn't drill or weld a leaf spring AFTER they've been heat treated,
So... if the leaf cracks or breaks at the new hole, don't blame the sponsor!

You should have sent them back when you realized they wouldn't work, and got refunded! I know that's what I would have done!
For the last 5 years, I've been buying all my stuff from them,
and none of this will stop me from continuing to do so, mostly because of their STELLAR customer service!

Sadly...it's a lose/lose for the both of you.

my .02
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Jeez, I was just trying to help folks by warning them and now I'M the BAD guy, I just can't win
Old 06-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #10
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

now I'M the BAD guy, I just can't win

After reading the thread I would say your correct. Send it back before modification and this whole bad experence would not have happened. I don't know which Site Sponsor you used but most are more than just helpful, some are alot more than that.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car