lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trojan T-875 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEThompson View Post
Also, it charged for two days and I pulled it out the other day and rode around my neighborhood cirlce (Maybe 1/2 mile) three times and the battery dropped down to almost half?
Your charger should shut off after 16 hours regardless. It stayed on for two days?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

You may have one or more bad batteries. Only one bad battery will drag the whole pack down. Lets do a test.

Charge your batteries then let them sit for 12 hours. With you digital meter take a reading of each battery and also the whole pack. Then, take your digital meter and tape the probes to one battery only and run the cart and record the reading of that battery under load. Do the same for the remaining batteries. Post all you readings.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #13
JEThompson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok thanks, it is charging now and I will test before I drive tom late afternoon and let you know the difference in readings from before I drive around and when I get back.
JEThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Ok thanks, it is charging now and I will test before I drive tom late afternoon and let you know the difference in readings from before I drive around and when I get back.
Also do the load test before you take it out as I posted above...

Also, did you charger stay "ON" for two days and not shut off automatically after 16 hours?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
JEThompson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No it shut off, I meant it was plugged up for two days.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #16
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
No it shut off, I meant it was plugged up for two days.
Got it. Have you done the load test and battery readings?
Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
JEThompson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You were right, is is that piece of **** battery meter that I installed. I knew something was not right when I ordered from ebay and the tracking was in China. I tested the batteries and got 50.1 volts before I drove around. I drove approx 1.6 miles and the battery meter dropped three bars. When I got back I checked them again and had 49.9 volts.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
JEThompson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I do have another question for you though since you have been so helpfull. Once i put the digital meter on, at what point do I need to stop and charge, and what I mean is what is the lowest number on volts that i can run the cart to before i need to charge and not due any damage to the batteries?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
hanny
Getting Wild

Quote:
I do have another question for you though since you have been so helpfull. Once i put the digital meter on, at what point do I need to stop and charge, and what I mean is what is the lowest number on volts that i can run the cart to before i need to charge and not due any damage to the batteries?
hard question to answer because it seems to depend on the age of the batteries from my exsperience. I think if the battery voltage while sitting (motor not engaged) gets below 45 i seem to be running low and the cart has little off the line pickup then i try to be thinking of heading home from the course.
Is that right????? heck i dont know but thats kinda my experience
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #20
Dhenryjr
Getting Wild
Club Car

[quote=JEThompson;748669]I do have another question for you though since you have been so helpfull. Once i put the digital meter on, at what point do I need to stop and charge, and what I mean is what is the lowest number on volts that i can run the cart to before i need to charge and not due any damage

Try this post, a third of the way down is a chart that you can use as a guide

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ght-way-2.html
Dhenryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car