lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Default Controller ???

I believe I have a controller out on a 2008 Club car Precedent. Basically, the battery resistor fried and now the cart is a no go. My question is if the controller is out would the other electronics be out? I have no lights, no radio no nothing with the key on or off for that matter. Do I have another problem???
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Controller ???

Whats a battery resistor?
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsalot View Post
I believe I have a controller out on a 2008 Club car Precedent. Basically, the battery resistor fried and now the cart is a no go. My question is if the controller is out would the other electronics be out? I have no lights, no radio no nothing with the key on or off for that matter. Do I have another problem???
Do you have power at the key?
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
Whats a battery resistor?
I believe it's called a pre charge resistor, it's just a wire with a resistor in it. It smoked which my understanding means the controller is shot. My question is would that kill the cart power in general no power at the key.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

My lights work independently from the key switch and controller functions. So a blown controller should not effect lights, at least not the way mine are wired.

perhaps your solenoid failed, maybe stuck open? That caused voltage to jump through the resistor? I think it is highly likely that event took out the controller.

As to why you don't have power elsewhere I cannot answer, I have no clue. I would start with a volt meter and check all battery connections.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . I'd start looking for a fuse/fuseable link somewhere inline . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Well I don't have a wiring diagram does anyone know if there is a fuse or inline fuse on these carts? Mine is actually an 07 club car precedent. Thanks to all for the help!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

[QUOTE=hawgsalot;849284]Well I don't have a wiring diagram does anyone know if there is a fuse or inline fuse on these carts? Mine is actually an 07 club car precedent. Thanks to all for the help![/Q

I have a PDF that has electrical testing for the entire cart. I'll try to attach it. Maybe this will help!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IQ_Plus_2008_PDF Electrical Testing.5021715.pdf (1.37 MB, 0 views)
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car