lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2022, 08:28 AM   #1
Madman3353
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v Lithion battery replacement

Lithion battery newb here. im in need of replacing my lead acid batteries and looking to go the lithium way. i have a 2012 txt 48v with the the speed unlock. my set up is the 6 battery setup. right now the cart is on stock wheel but i will be upgrading to bigger wheels with a lift kit. what batteries should i go with that are decent priced. also what set up 4x12v batteries, one large battery? if this has already been asked sorry point me to the right forum and i will research there.
Madman3353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2022, 08:48 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 48v Lithion battery replacement

One large battery - at least 100AH. Do not mess with series 12V Lithium batteries! Do not go cheap! There are several different good options - read some of the posts here!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
Madman3353
Not Yet Wild

any brands to look for or stay away from?
Madman3353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:34 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don't have any to recommend. I built my own batteries for my two carts. Read the posts here. There are plenty of them.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:49 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You will love your TXT48 on a slightly higher voltage and 300 less pounds! Look at my signature below and you'll see I have almost the same cart. I had the stock controller in my cart and it handled the full 58.8V of a full charge on my pack without issue. So the lithium packs you see on the market won't be a problem.

I left the stock controller in my cart for about 3 months then switched to the small Alltrax controller. I still have the stock controller as a spare, just in case. No issue with the stock controller, I just wanted more flexibility in my programming.

If you have HD springs you may find that you want to switch to Dual Action springs or normal springs due to the weight reduction.

VA, are the current lifepo4 packs sold 15S or 16S? Topping out at 54v vs 57.6v, respectively.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:02 AM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have the roypow 105AH, but if I were to do it today, I would look at Ecobattery. They are sponsor here and seem to give excellent customer service. Seems expensive, but looking at how long they last and other benefits, worth the money. No more watering, lighter, goes further at full voltage. I wish I hadn't thought about it for a year before buying.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:13 AM   #7
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

I have the RoyPow 160P and have not had a single issue. I cannot speak to the other brands as I have no experience nor do I know anyone who has them.
AquaLuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:51 AM   #8
Dallas@Eco Battery
Getting Wild

I would be happy to answer any questions you have about our product. Our new 51v/105ah "skinny" battery was designed to drop right in the front or back of a TXT tray so the installation and fit are awesome.

Our complete bundle also includes everything you need to install the battery including the hardware, charger, LCD gauge, 12 volt converter, and TXT charging port for our charger.
Dallas@Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:54 PM   #9
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

https://boltenergyusa.com/

Most powerful drop-in battery in the LSV/NEV/Golf Cart market.

250A continuous current capable and 500A for 30s.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 10:26 AM   #10
Chance21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas@Eco Battery View Post
I would be happy to answer any questions you have about our product. Our new 51v/105ah "skinny" battery was designed to drop right in the front or back of a TXT tray so the installation and fit are awesome.

Our complete bundle also includes everything you need to install the battery including the hardware, charger, LCD gauge, 12 volt converter, and TXT charging port for our charger.
You have my attention ... I'm excited about this new "skinny" setup.
Chance21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO