lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2022, 04:54 PM   #1
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default EZGO EXT ROOF 80" with GTW Mach 3

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing when most people have installed an ext roof they level off the grade when setting up the rear.
I had to purchase some universal candy cane rear supports since the ones that came in the seat kit weren't tall enough. The ones I got are too tall and will have to be cut down but I can't help but wonder if there should be a little lift towards the rear or if the roof should be level? I just put a broom handle support the rear and it was almost spot on. Maybe could've come up another inch to level it off but I found when I went to sit on the rear seat I had to duck my head or I would hit the roof. Is this normal? Does anyone have a measurement on the length of your roof supports with the same rear sear kit? I appreciate all the feedback, comments, and help you can provide. At the end of the day I know there is no exact, and I could just figure it out, but looking at all the pictures online it's kinda hard to tell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4581.jpg (221.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4580.jpg (217.6 KB, 0 views)
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2022, 08:44 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO EXT ROOF 80" with GTW Mach 3

This is an issue for rear seats and extended roofs. The rear seat sits 3 or 4 inches higher than the front so you'd think the rear of the roof should be higher. But if you go a full 3 or 4 inches higher it'll look weird. I personally like the look of a little slope forward. I'd just play with it and see what looks best to you and still clears your head when you get in.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:17 AM   #3
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EZGO EXT ROOF 80" with GTW Mach 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
This is an issue for rear seats and extended roofs. The rear seat sits 3 or 4 inches higher than the front so you'd think the rear of the roof should be higher. But if you go a full 3 or 4 inches higher it'll look weird. I personally like the look of a little slope forward. I'd just play with it and see what looks best to you and still clears your head when you get in.
Good suggestion. I'm going to go about 1 1/2 - 2 inches higher in the rear. It'll give it a hair of a slope, nothing too drastic. I just knew I couldn't install as they came or it would've been like 6 inches hiked up and that would've been noticeable. Thank you.
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO