lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2022, 05:38 AM   #10491
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Looking good there Dave. What size tires and rims are on the front? I need some narrower ones for my cart for the winter. I have a handicap permit that lets me use the cart at a local state park boat launch for ice fishing access. I have chains on the back, but the wide front tires create too much resistance if the snow is over 6-8".
skinnys up front will help.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2022, 07:13 AM   #10492
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles Shooter View Post
Looking good there Dave. What size tires and rims are on the front? I need some narrower ones for my cart for the winter. I have a handicap permit that lets me use the cart at a local state park boat launch for ice fishing access. I have chains on the back, but the wide front tires create too much resistance if the snow is over 6-8".
skinnys up front will help.
My front tires are size 22x7x10. (Tire diameter\Tire width\Wheel diameter) and they are Kenda's https://www.amazon.com/Kenda-22x7-10...0-4513d670b6bc like these on Amazon. Although I believe I bought mine through a forum vendor at the time.

Now, for these "skinnier" tires to work I went from an 8" wide wheel to a 6" wide wheel. IIRC the 6" wheel was marketed as "trailer wheel". I don't recall the offset on the 6" wheel...you may wish to measure your setup to make sure a skinny wheel will work. (I have Jake's brakes on the front....needed to make sure they would clear)

The reason I went with the skinnier tire\wheel was to have the cart, with the Jake's LT front, "fit" or squeeze in-between the wheel wells of my truck. And that works great!

In addition, with the aggressive front tread design, turning in the snow actually works without the need for chains on the front! Of course, that also depends upon the depth of snow, type of snow, and if you're trying to drive on a plowed paved street with ice. That may require chains.

One more plus with the "skinny" front tires is turning the steering wheel at a dead stop is way easier than when "fat" tires were on.

I hope this helps!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:44 AM   #10493
ed2001z@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I tried again, unsuccessfully, to find someone who knows how to increase my Ezgo Liberty speed to 35mph…HELP!
ed2001z@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #10494
carlos_roque
Not Yet Wild

I converted to lithium batteries and added a radio and power meter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart2s.jpg (200.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart3s.jpg (199.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart4s.jpg (194.3 KB, 0 views)
carlos_roque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 10:39 AM   #10495
mzimme14
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Did some work I'd been putting off for some time over the weekend.

- Added speaker pods
- Put in a dc to dc converter that uses the whole battery bank for even charging
- Added speakers, radio, switch panel, headlight

Coming up next weekend
- Tail lights
- Lift
- HD springs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg light1.jpg (352.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg switches.jpg (469.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg switches3.jpg (469.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg switches2.jpg (34.5 KB, 0 views)
mzimme14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 10:27 PM   #10496
Noodleokla
Not Yet Wild

I took mine deer hunting after having the PQ motor and Scotty B’s HD solenoid and F/R Contactor installed and having the Navitas 440 programmed correctly, it’s a series cart but it does everything I need at this point. 21mph and plenty of torque on these hills. F/R switch is the best upgrade ever on these carts
Noodleokla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 10:28 PM   #10497
Noodleokla
Not Yet Wild

Oh **** I don’t think I posted that in the right spot!!!
Noodleokla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 12:53 PM   #10498
Smyrly
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

2005 TXT: Since purchased a few weeks ago we've added new batteries and cables, new valve stems, new seats, new solenoid, new sides to the cargo flat bed to keep cargo contained, gun racks, and finally new HD off road leaf springs. I gotta say, the leaf springs made ALL the difference in the world. It's amazing how much better it rides now. Next is a clays basket on the front and maybe a roof rack. eventually another battery (to go to 42v), controller, and motor. But she runs great right now and is working nicely as our clay shooting buggy.
Smyrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 01:58 PM   #10499
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I installed Tennessee Air Brakes! (front mud flaps)
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 05:30 AM   #10500
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
My front tires are size 22x7x10. (Tire diameter\Tire width\Wheel diameter) and they are Kenda's https://www.amazon.com/Kenda-22x7-10...0-4513d670b6bc like these on Amazon. Although I believe I bought mine through a forum vendor at the time.

Now, for these "skinnier" tires to work I went from an 8" wide wheel to a 6" wide wheel. IIRC the 6" wheel was marketed as "trailer wheel". I don't recall the offset on the 6" wheel...you may wish to measure your setup to make sure a skinny wheel will work. (I have Jake's brakes on the front....needed to make sure they would clear)

The reason I went with the skinnier tire\wheel was to have the cart, with the Jake's LT front, "fit" or squeeze in-between the wheel wells of my truck. And that works great!

In addition, with the aggressive front tread design, turning in the snow actually works without the need for chains on the front! Of course, that also depends upon the depth of snow, type of snow, and if you're trying to drive on a plowed paved street with ice. That may require chains.

One more plus with the "skinny" front tires is turning the steering wheel at a dead stop is way easier than when "fat" tires were on.

I hope this helps!
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the info. One of my concerns was finding a narrow rim to fit the tires. My cart is pretty much stock with an EzGo mid range lift and 20" tires. I'm also toying with the idea of bringing a pair of old rims and a couple snowmobile skis to a buddy's welding shop and see what we can come up with. I would defiantly be different
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO