lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Brand New Cart - Any Tips or Tricks???

I just spent a wad on a new Cushman (made by EZGO) 72 volt AC utility cart - a Hauler Pro - with dump bed, limited slip, and more. I just got tired of finding, trouble shooting, and fixing older carts here (Hawaii, outer island).

So I bought this thing and shipped it over. I sold my JD Gator and two piece of **** older golf carts, and hope this will do most everything I need to do around here - and something the wife isn't afraid of.

Are there any tips that you experts can give to help me keep this alive and well? Must do maintenance, etc. Rust and corrosion seem to be my biggest enemies here.

I do know about the break-in regimen for the batteries, and keeping them clean and rinsed with baking soda, etc. Is there a preferred terminal "grease" to apply when new?

Or any other useful information to share?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150618_132655.jpg (277.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150618_132727.jpg (221.1 KB, 0 views)
konakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Brand New Cart - Any Tips or Tricks???

Check with JohnnieB on what he recommends for use on battery terminals. I just upgraded to 2ga. terminals and "slathered" my terminals with lithium grease. After about 45 days I have 3 terminals that are "leaching" some green lithium grease from under the connection. I have to clean these in the next few days.

But....terminal maintenance and water levels AND keeping 'em charged EVERY DAY are the most important hit list items.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #3
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Brand New Cart - Any Tips or Tricks???

Thanks Dave. Hopefully Johnnie will chime in. I see in another topic (yesterday) he said this. "I used to use Vaseline, but I've switched to NO-OX-ID A-Special: http://www.sanchem.com/electrical-co...lubricant.html "

As expected, there seems to be several opinions on terminal protection - here's the most recent thread - http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ff-called.html

One thing I was also wondering - since this is advertised to carry up to 1000 lbs, and tow 1250 lbs - can I do that right "out of the box?" Or is there some break in period for the motor and or drive train?
konakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO