lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2015, 03:17 PM   #11
millsra13
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT throttle position

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Go to 42V or 48V when you have to replace the batteries.

Increasing the pack voltage will give you both an increase in speed and an increase in torque through out the RPM range of the motor.
We both have a 2010+ TXT48 which is not the same PDS as your TXT. Ours came from the factory with 48v (the same motor and controller as the new Express S4) so comparing ours to yours is not apples to apples.
millsra13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattadata View Post
Stock controller I was at 16mph. Top speed with XCT is 24.5 mph. Rpm limit is 6000 and amp limit is 435 I think.
Torque is better all around.

I will stick with stock motor for a while. It goes fast enough for a neighborhood cruiser. 👍
That's a good report I think you may be gaining a mph or 2 with the taller tires shown in your avatar, no?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #13
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yep, speed is good. The tires measure 19 inches.
I am curious about what is limiting my speed. I am not hitting the rpm limit of 6k or the amp limit of 430. Is it the motor?
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Likely the motor is not capable of 6000 rpm
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsra13 View Post
We both have a 2010+ TXT48 which is not the same PDS as your TXT. Ours came from the factory with 48v (the same motor and controller as the new Express S4) so comparing ours to yours is not apples to apples.
Okay. You're already at 48V, with a 48V motor and a TCT (Curtis 1206HB) controller.

Replacing a TCT controller with a XCT controller increases low-end torque due to higher ampacity and increases speed due to the removal of the max motor RPM limit imposed by the stock controller, which is what happens when replacing a PDS (Curtis 1206MX) controller with a XCT.

Increasing the pack voltage would also increase speed and torque across the motor's RPM spectrum, but already being at 48V makes increasing the pack voltage an expensive option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattadata View Post
Yep, speed is good. The tires measure 19 inches.
I am curious about what is limiting my speed. I am not hitting the rpm limit of 6k or the amp limit of 430. Is it the motor?
Your motor is maxing out at about 5400 RPM, and max motor RPM is the point where the high end torque being produced by the motor equals the mechanical drag being imposed on it by the cart. Unless the cart's mechanical drag is decreased, your motor will not spin any faster with a 48V battery pack.

Under the right conditions, your motor will most likely be able to draw 430A, however the needed conditions have not occurred when you have been monitoring/recording the data.

430A at 48V is roughly 20.6kW of electrical energy, which is 27.7HP and even if your motor is only about 70% efficient, that is about 20HP at the motor and roughly 315HP where rubber meets road since the final drive ratio of your cart is 15.71:1 with 19" tires and 12.44:1 gears. In a nutshell, your cart doesn't need that many horses to accelerate from a standstill, and the motor only draws the amps it needs to do the job at hand.

Try stopping while climbing a steep hill and then accelerate from a standstill going uphill and you might hit 430A.

Replacing the stock 48V SepEx motor with an aftermarket one can get you both more speed and more torque.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO