lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
TeamCarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed of a PDS cart?

Recently bought a used golf cart. How fast should a 2002 EZGO PDS 36v, all stock cart go? My GPS clocks it at 22-23mph. That seems fast to me. Anybody have any input?
TeamCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2015, 09:47 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed of a PDS cart?

Alltrax controls allow 24 mph. Factory curtis with speed chip allows 19mph. Taller tires add top end speed
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
Sc-pixie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

With my speed/tourque switch (yellow) I get 19mph and with my speed switch (red) I get 21mph and both speeds were with a 300+ friend riding along.
Sc-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCarts View Post
Recently bought a used golf cart. How fast should a 2002 EZGO PDS 36v, all stock cart go? My GPS clocks it at 22-23mph. That seems fast to me. Anybody have any input?
Unless the speed was obtained while going down a very steep hill at full throttle, either your GPS is wrong or the cart isn't completely stock.

If fact, I'm not entirely sure a completely stock PDS will do much over 20MPH going downhill, no matter how steep it is.

In Freedom mode (Highest top speed), a PDS controller limits the motor to about 4300 RPM on level ground (18.5 MPH with 18" tires and 12.44:1 gears) and uses regen braking to keep the motor down to that RPM when going down hills.

My guess the tires are taller than 18", but someone has replaced the motor's 8-pole magnet disk with one that had fewer poles.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc-pixie View Post
With my speed/tourque switch (yellow) I get 19mph and with my speed switch (red) I get 21mph and both speeds were with a 300+ friend riding along.
Are your tires 20" tall.

They look a bit taller than that in your Avatar, so if they are taller, you are not reaching the max mathematical speed.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
Sc-pixie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

20" tires is correct
Sc-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:11 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc-pixie View Post
20" tires is correct
If/When the PDS controller dies, drop an XCT400PDS in it and it'll go about 26MPH (5600RPM) at 36V and about 31MPH (6500RPM) if you add a seventh 6V battery for 42V.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:11 AM   #8
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCarts View Post

Three batteries with melted battery post. Car battery cables that look like they never been cleaned. Self tapping screws holding the battery cables on, and it runs 22 - 23 MPH

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:57 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You gotta love Ezgo - they wanna run
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO