lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #11
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lift options and opinions for Electric ezgo

With all the lifted carts around here I would of expected more opinions than this ?

Anyone else have an opinion?

I promise I am not trolling for a fight here...just want to be as educated as possible when I decide what lift to buy.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #12
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

I am rebuilding my cart. I have seen many around here and decided to go with the Jakes Drop Axle. Personally I like it much better and would not go any other way. Its a little more involved than a spindle lift but the carts ive seen around here with the spindle lift look weird. Just my opinion. Spend the extra 50 bucks or whatever and get the drop axle. No regrets here.

Of coarse my opinion is based on looks alone at this point. Ive never ridden on either suspension. The Jakes Drop axle is solid and looks clean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (131.7 KB, 0 views)
taterm6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #13
MichaelClayshulte
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I put on a jakes 6" spindle and if I had to do it again I wouldn't go with the spindle. My cart bounced around so much in the front even on pavement. Felt like the cart could go any which way at any point when I got up to speed.
MichaelClayshulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #14
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Those were good informative last two posts!! Thanks.

I am leaning g toward and pretty sure I will do drop axle as the splindle does I think look weird but also the drop axle keeps things in the same stock positions but just drop the attachment points.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #15
Muskrat1973
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I did the 4 inch economy lift with blocks. It didnt save me anywhere near the money i thought it would because of clearance issues on the front tires. Even with offset wheels, the new hardware for the tie rods rubs on the front tires. I was forced to either buy wheel spacers or a narrow front tire. I went cheap again and bought 7 inch wide tires for the front, 10 inch in the back. It looks ok, but when it is time for new tires, i will install a drop axle then and get rid of the economy lift.
Muskrat1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #16
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks muskrat. I was looking at those cheapie for the older ones but I think and hope this cart will be too new to use those kits. I am pretty sure I will go drop axle on this cart.

Anybody have any experience with steeleng lifts? They have a site, advertise here and sell on ebay. They have a shop in greenville where my in laws live and I will make a trip up there to look next time I am up there.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #17
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My in-laws have 36v EZGO with 4" spindle lift, looks weird but seems to ride just fine. I have 48v EZGO with 6" axle lift, rides just fine. Of course the carts are different years, different lifts, diff speeds, diff tires, etc.

One thing I do know, if I were doing it again I would not go with a 6" lift. I would do a 4" (or 3" if there is such a thing).

I also have 23" tires, I would do 20" if starting from scratch. Less loss of torque and if you plan on dragging a deer out of the woods or driving grandma/grandpa or have hills, then torque is helpful... I occasionally pull a pretty decent sized utility trailer with mine but I am in FL, no hills. I am still kicking around buying a new controller to get more amps (torque) back to make up for my bigger tires.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:25 PM   #18
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The loss of torque has me concerned. I like big tires and was pretty sure I wanted to put 22x10.5x10 .

But have kicked around the 20x10x10 to keep some of that torque.

Anybody have or can point me to pics of carts? Well I think carts with 22" are easier to find pics of. Have to Google to see what I can find with 20" ones.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #19
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
The loss of torque has me concerned. I like big tires and was pretty sure I wanted to put 22x10.5x10 .

But have kicked around the 20x10x10 to keep some of that torque.

Anybody have or can point me to pics of carts? Well I think carts with 22" are easier to find pics of. Have to Google to see what I can find with 20" ones.
Most here with big tires have fought the same little battle. On my cart, I'm starting from scratch building a strong drive system, and lift and tires will be dead last in order of priority.
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #20
Helirich
Gone Wild

I have the spindle lift. Although I got it with a parts cart, I still would have got it. I dont know about looks, but it has better ground clearance. Might not matter on a street cart. Mine is an all around cart. It drives fine at 20 MPH.

It was mentioned that raising a narrow cart is not smart. The spindle lift makes your cart wider. So I would expect it to be more stable. I like big tires and as long as you upgrade the rest, power is not an issue. These are 24" tires. Check out the ground clearance.

Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO