lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #11
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 EZGO TXT: Sudden LED Meter Behaving Very Erratically.

Uhh yea I would replace the Chi-Com led meter before the batteries esp if you are not experiencing any performance loss and your charger still loops to be charging??

Get one of those digital ones and wire it in. There like $15 off ebay. You don't even have to permanently wire it up. Just run some wires out from the batteries and lay it on the seat beside you and watch what it does. If it saves you from new batteries that's good. If u have to buy new no big deal. Your out $15 or you can then do a permanent install.

Dealers are there to sell you stuff to stay in business. He is going to say that's his best advice. He could be correct but I wouldn't replace them all based on a phone call, esp since you don't say it's slower or dies earlier than normal.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #12
Sid007
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ahh, good, Handiman; just a couple of hours ago, I ordered a new digital from Scotty. I'm almost 100% convinced that the meter has been the culprit, all along, because I am reading 38.7 at the contacts for the old meter and no readout. This is with the new battery set. Thanx for your feedback.
Sid007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #13
Sid007
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I need to give you guys some background on my relationship with my dealer. I bought my cart, new, from him ten years ago in Brownwood, Texas, at his only shop/store. He's an authorized EZ-GO dealer. After a few days, I experienced problems -- it would not run reliably. He sent a man to my home outside Comanche, FORTY MILES AWAY, who picked up the cart and took it back to the shop. A few days later he returned with the cart and, other than the first battery replacement five years later, I had no further problems until now, with this blasted battery meter and a second set of batteries.

The cart came equipped with Jake's front spindles and 13" knobby tires for use in rough terrain. To complement this new equipment, a more powerful motor and upgraded controller, etc. also were installed. That was in early 2006 and I paid only $5,500. I had no idea how much these things sold for -- it was my first and only.

One last thought. The mechanic who came all the way to our ranch to pick up my cart is still working there. He's the only mechanic the dealer has had in all that time. The dealer's name is Phil Fenton, and his company is Golfmart International, Inc., in Brownwood, Texas, and, as you have probably guessed by now, I fully endorse both him and Melvin, his able mechanic. Thanx for listening.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:04 PM   #14
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So he sold you a brand new cart and had to go to your house to get it (because you possibly had no way to transport it??? Anyway that's not my point) to fix it hinder warrenty??

Sounds like he is a good dealer for doing that. But really I would expect that out of a dealer.

And I assume they were 13" rims and maybe more like 22 or 23"tires?

But I'd still try a new voltage display/meter. You said your self all the guy has done was a warrenty repair that had to do with a defective cart he sold and you bought a set of batteries from him.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:33 AM   #15
Sid007
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
And I assume they were 13" rims and maybe more like 22 or 23"tires?
LOL~~ You are absolutely right, Clemsoncartguy! Can't you just imagine a cart with a Jakes suspension tooling around with 13" tires?! Sounds like something from The Flintstones.

As to the rest of your post-- way too presumptive, dude. My parents taught me that if I didn't have anything nice to say (or, helpful), not to say anything. You might want to consider that advice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO