lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
Fred99x
Not Yet Wild

Default Summer Storage Using Power Wise QE Charger

My 2012 rxv golf cart will be stored for the summer, almost 6 months. I had planned on putting the charger on a timer which would activate once a week for six hours just to maintain the batteries. I read in one of the postings that some chargers once deactivated must be unplugged from the cart before they will again start charging. Can anyone tell me if my plan will work with my current charger?
Fred99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
harleyman1340
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Siummer Storage Using Power Wise QE Charger

after your charger cycles off you can try unplugging the charger at the wall and plug it back in to see if the charger starts back up.
harleyman1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Summer Storage Using Power Wise QE Charger

Get yourself one of these, you won't be sorry...http://www.granitedigital.com/saveabattery.aspx
You can put this on a timer and it will start every time even after blackouts.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
Fred99x
Not Yet Wild

It appears that once the charger completes the charge cycle it will not charge again unless the charger is disconnected from the cart and then plugged back in. After fully charged, I tried just pulling the AC plug, waiting a few hours and then plugging the AC back in. The charger indicated fully charged and no click from the charger. I thought I would try jumpering the cart receptacle reed switch but it does not appear to have one? Is that right for this year cart? Is there another way to make the cart think it is not plugged in?
Fred99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It wouldnt work anyway (bypassing reed switch). You have to get the charger to reset, not the cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO