lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2016, 07:34 AM   #1
Gasman1067
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuse panel location; 2008 EZGO TXT

I blew a fuse installing a 12v charging port. Accidentally arced the hot wire to the reverse alarm to a ground.
I am ASSuming that it is a blown fuse, however I can not find a fuse panel anywhere on the cart.
I chased the wire to the menangerie of wires, connectors and relays that are hidden under the dome in front of the battery, however I've still not found a fuse or a fuse box.
Can anyone tell me where it's hidden, or if there isn't a fuse box then which relay I apparently blew?
Right now I have no power to the pedal or buzzer.
Thanks!
Gasman1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
krp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuse panel location; 2008 EZGO TXT

I just did something similar on my 1990 gas Marathon. I accidently connected some terminals (I'm not sure which ones exactly) on the rear of the F-N-R switch with an errant wrench. Sparks flew. I have no power. The engine won't turn over. I looked for a fuse panel. The best I did was find an unblown fuse in one of the many wires. So, my questions are the same. Is there a fuse panel? If so, where is it? Are there more than the one fuse I found? Thanks.
krp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:09 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Yours should have one inline fuse going to the key switch.

Connect a meter to your negative battery terminal, and start tracing the wires from your positive terminal to see where you lose voltage.

The big wire from the positive battery should go to the solenoid. At that connection, you should see a small wire with the inline fuse going to the key switch. Key switch to pedal switch.
Pedal switch to neutral safety switch.
Neutral safety switch to small terminal on the solenoid.

The neutral safety switch is the microswitch on the passenger side of the fwd/ rev switch.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
krp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Many thanks. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #5
krp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

cart around,

I started what you recommended and got frustrated as I tend to do with electrical stuff. I've tried for years to read a meter and still can't figure out how to do it. So, I just resorted to what I did "back in the day." I bought a new solenoid. The motor started! Problem solved.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:02 PM   #6
krp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Gasman1067,

I found a fuse panel quite by accident while installing a new carb. The panel is on the passenger side inner body work behind the rubber air intake bellows near where it attaches to the carb. I don't know if the location is the same on a 2008--mine is a 1990--but it could be. I can't hurt to look. Good luck.

Last edited by krp; 07-15-2016 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: sloppy syntax
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO