lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #11
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need new tires......help

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujo View Post
Here is the deal guys.

My son (22yrs) is autistic. There are very few things in life in which he really enjoys. Riding the cart is his favorite. We live in a cart friendly neighborhood where the local PD often rides with him. He has his own PD badge, and ticket book. he rides around giving tickets to the neighbors, and often giving them rides up and down the street. He can ride the cart from sun up to sun down!
The local PD often gets him to ride it in the local parade, they are just awesome.... His pride and joy.....

Which leads me to the tires. He always makes the same turns, so the front right tire gets the brunt of the wear. I rotate them until they are all bald.

So now that the new cart needs its first set of new shoes, I just wanted to get a set that would last me longer then these.
I'm sorry for what I said. You have brought me to tears, as the father of a 2 year old autistic son. Buy him whatever tires you can afford. And spoil him away!. Mine loves to ride anything with me as well.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #12
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i dont know if you can find a tire that fits your rims-but a desert tire is a very long wearing tire and may be just what you need....

my buddy put a set on his atv that he pulls his race car around with and that was in 2000....he uses it all the time

my daughter is 27 with autism and loves to ride also-but she wont drive....i think an early bicycling incident made a lasting impression that she hasnt gotten over yet
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #13
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
.... he rides around giving tickets to the neighbors, and often giving them rides up and down the street. He can ride the cart from sun up to sun down!
The local PD often gets him to ride it in the local parade, they are just awesome.... His pride and joy.....
Buy that boy some tires PDQ....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:25 AM   #14
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
I'm sorry for what I said. You have brought me to tears, as the father of a 2 year old autistic son. Buy him whatever tires you can afford. And spoil him away!. Mine loves to ride anything with me as well.
No apology necessary.
We do what we can to give them what we can, when we can.

PuJo
pujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:27 AM   #15
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
my daughter is 27 with autism and loves to ride also-but she wont drive....i think an early bicycling incident made a lasting impression that she hasnt gotten over yet
Keep on trying, she will come around.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:28 AM   #16
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Buy that boy some tires PDQ....
I'm trying, but I wanna research to get the best tires I can for longevity.

PuJo
Old 04-26-2016, 07:38 AM   #17
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guys,
Would there be an advantage to using low profile tires?
The cart currently has these http://www.parts-unlimited.com/produ...umber=03190249
Old 04-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #18
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Hey guys,
Would there be an advantage to using low profile tires?
The cart currently has these http://www.parts-unlimited.com/produ...umber=03190249
Generally what I think you will find is that in the Low Profile Tires you will find that the ride quality will suffer if you do much 'bumping" around as golf carts were built with fairly crude suspension systems and relies on the tire sidewall to play an active part in soaking up the bumps which the lower the profile the less bump soaking they will do. But I think that they may offer longer wear on the street as that is generally what they were built for and may even be considered a small car tire...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:26 AM   #19
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Those tires you had don't look like the tread was that deep. Maybe it was the pic?

Unless you lower it or get bigger rims won't low profile street tires look strange?

I bet factory tires would last longer. But then your cart don't look cool and your son won't like that if you change his cart.

I would probably try to find a cheaper with good review all terrain type tire or even a golf cart style tire with more rubber in contact with the road.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:30 AM   #20
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

after months last year of research, I realized low pro tires on a 12 and especially 14" wheels would definitely be subject to bumpier rides, may be just a bit with 10" wheels. On your link for your current tires it shows a pretty aggressive tread, though they are 6 ply that line at the end "D.O.T. for limited road use" tells me anything you do towards more of a road tire will benefit you greatly. I would consider a 10" low pro tire/wheel. At 70 % of the cost of your link, that golf pro II would benefit also to the point if it only lasted 18 months you could put the $ saved toward a new set. The low pro tires I went with did not show any significantly rougher ride, if at all.
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO