lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2016, 10:36 AM   #1
scotty714
Not Yet Wild

Default MCI cam seized

2011 mci cam seized, is there anyway of checking the engine oil system to insure the head is getting the proper amount of oil, looks as if the clutch side of the cam was not getting lubricated as it should have,dont want to replace the head and have the same happen again
scotty714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2016, 03:51 AM   #2
ViperCarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: MCI cam seized

bump.... curious of this myself.... Thanks
ViperCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #3
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

I have seen this a few times, when ezgo came out with the "mci" engine they cheapened them up buy removing the oil galley that ran across the valve cover and removed some of the cooling fins they also casted the exhaust manifold and head as one piece.
So now instead of the oil spraying evenly across the entire valve train and cam shaft through multiple holes in the valve cover the oil just squirts or sprays from one side across the valve train which in my opinion is not a good set up.
Most likely the motor was a little low on oil. Causing the cam shaft to seize up from a lack of oil.
If you want to check to see if it's pumping oil just remove the valve cover and crank the engine over but put a rag or your hand over the valve train area because if it's pumping oil you'll get a bath. Hope this helps you out
ski-doo583 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:56 PM   #4
scotty714
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: MCI cam seized

Thanks for the info bud, i did check to see if it was getting oil by doing just what you said,and it is. i agree with you in the fact that by doing away with the oil passage through the valve cover was simply stupid,why change something if it works just fine. thanks again for your reply
scotty714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO