lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #1
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Carb Jet and CT Engine

Just wanted some ideas on this project. Recently got an engine from Carrie at CT to replace a locked up 295 in a buddies cart. Carrie advised to use his carb off the 295 on the new engine. The engine runs well but seems like its starving for fuel. Pump is pumping well so thats ruled out. Carb has been vatted and blown out twice. It isn't sputtering as if the carb is clogged, rather seems slow to get up the rpms. Hard to explain exactly but it almost seems like the main jet needs to be bigger. Does anyone have a table listing the different jet sizes for the 295/350 or can offer any input on what would be considered the proper size jet for the new engine. What I was mulling over is the fact that the original engine was a stock 295. The new CT engine is somewhere around a 375 ( Carrie takes a 295 head and puts in on a 350). Would the increase in cc's require a larger carb jet? Carrie said she has not had anyone have any issues with running a 295 stock carb on the bigger engine. Keep in mind I am in no way insinuating that Carrie or CT is a bad choice. Just trying to sort out why this new engine seems to be under performing. Thanks in advance for any input.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #2
Ron Benedict
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Carb Jet and CT Engine

I also purchased an engine from Carrie and was not able to get Questions answered from her. In searching these post it seems that the stock jet for the 295 is a number 82. The jet for the 350 engine is a number 90 I think. I talked with the people at Motors and More and they answered my questions and even sent me a new carb.
Give them a call.I believe that you will be happy that you did.
Ron
Ron Benedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO